- Synopsis: Disabled World News presents the latest disability information and health related news from Missouri USA.
Information of interest for persons with disabilities residing in, or visiting Missouri.
Missouri Disability Resources
Missouri Assistive Technology Advisory Council
Missouri Assistive Technology touched the lives of 22,682 Missourians with disabilities in FY 2009, and 6,572 children, adults and older persons obtained assistive technology through MoAT services and programs - www.at.mo.gov
Missouri Families for Effective Autism Treatment (MO-FEAT)
An organization of parents and professionals throughout Missouri with headquarters in St. Louis - www.mo-feat.org
Missouri Council of the Blind
The purpose of Missouri Council of the Blind shall be to promote the general well-being of our members and legally blind people in Missouri, and to support or participate in other programs promoting the best interests of legally blind people everywhere - www.missouricounciloftheblind.org
Brain Injury Association of Missouri
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri (BIA-MO) is a community based organization serving persons with brain injury, their families, caregivers, physicians, therapists, case managers and others throughout the state of Missouri - www.biamo.org
Missouri School for the Deaf
Missouri provides a well-rounded educational program for the deaf children of the state through the facilities and services of the Missouri School for the Deaf - www.msd.k12.mo.us
Statistics: Missouri Disability
- There are an estimated 937,000 people in the state of Missouri over the age of five who have a form of disability.
- Approximately 166,000 people with disabilities, or 3.2% of the state's population, experience difficulties with performing activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, or moving around inside of their homes.
- There are around 526,000 people in the state who have a form of work disability, and 205,000 people with disabilities in Missouri who are employed.
- Around 36,000 people with disabilities in the state are unemployed, while 284,000 are currently not in the workforce.
Latest Missouri Publications
- St. Louis HELP - Dramatic Increase in Free Loans of Home Health Equipment
St. Louis HELP not-for-profit organization shows increases in almost every category of service measurement in 2016.
- St. Louis HELP Contributes as Family Brings Home Adopted Daughters from China
Story of Robin and John Chomko who have 15 children, 13 of whom are adopted from the U.S., Africa, China and Russia.
- Lighthouse for the Blind Officials from St. Louis Lobby Missouri Political Leaders in Washington, D.C.
Lighthouse officials promote issues so people who are blind can become more independent.
- Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Wins $19.5 Million Contract from Defense Logistics Agency
Lighthouse for the Blind - Saint Louis (LHB) gains $19.5 million contract from Defense Logistics Agency.
- Disability Savings Program: Missouri ABLE Act
Missouri ABLE Act will allow families to cover their childrens future education, housing, transportation and related expenses.
Full List of Missouri Documents (15 Items)