- Synopsis: Health and Disability news story items and articles from Oregon includes medical related press releases news and coming events.
Oregon Office on Disability and Health - Goal is to improve the health and quality of life among Oregonians with disabilities. Oregon Office in Disability and Health prevents secondary conditions in Oregonians with disabilities, improves access to public health programs, and implements effective health promotion and wellness programs for Oregonians with disabilities - www.ohsu.edu/oidd/cca/oodh/
Oregon Disability Resources:
Oregon's Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
Provide information and referral source on deafness and hearing loss issues; training on deaf awareness and sensitivity, and how to communicate with those with hearing loss; Americans with Disabilities Act compliance and effective communications coordination - www.odc.state.or.us
Disability Rights Oregon
As Oregon's designated Protection & Advocacy (P&A) System for more than 30 years, DRO has a unique role: to uphold the legal rights of people with disabilities - www.disabilityrightsoregon.org
Oregon Commission for the Blind
Mission is to assist blind Oregonians in making informed choices and decisions to achieve full inclusion and integration in society through employment, independent living, and social self sufficiency - www.cfb.state.or.us
Brain Injury Association of Oregon
Creating a better future through brain injury prevention, research, education, and advocacy - www.biaoregon.org
Oregon School for the Deaf
All students enrolled at the Oregon School for the Deaf are entitled to the best education that our resources can provide - www.osd.k12.or.us
Statistics: Oregon Disability
- There are an estimated 549,000 people in Oregon over the age of five who have a form of disability.
- Approximately 96,000 people, or 2.9% of the state's population, experience difficulties with performing activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, or getting around inside of their homes.
- There are around 301,000 people in the state who have a form of work disability, and around 126,000 people with disabilities in Oregon who are employed.
- Around 22,000 people with disabilities in the state are unemployed, while 154,000 are currently not in the workforce.
Latest Oregon Publications
- Oregon Settlement Regarding Intellectual & Developmental Disability Employment
U.S. Justice Department reaches landmark settlement agreement with state of Oregon regarding Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Proposed ADA Settlement Agreement on Oregon Developmental Disabilities System
Proposed settlement agreement with the state of Oregon that will resolve violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Interactive Map for Oregon Anglers with Disabilities
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife map highlights sites in Oregon that may be suitable for anglers with physical disabilities.
- Oregon Creation to Help Patients with Advanced Illness
The POLST program was created to honor the treatment wishes of patients with advanced progressive illness or frailty.
- Amputee Fired Because of Disability - Newberg, Oregon
Feds Say Newberg, Oregon Amputee Was Fired Because of Disability.
Full List of Oregon Documents (6 Items)