- Synopsis: Latest disability information and health related news from Disabled World for the state of Pennsylvania USA.
Information of interest to persons with disabilities residing in, or visiting the State of Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Disability Resources
Greater Pittsburgh Supported Employment Association (GPSEA)
A coalition of individuals, organizations and advocates all interested in the concept of supported employment - www.gpsea.org
Pennsylvania Association for the Blind
The Pennsylvania Association for the Blind, through its network of 29 member agencies, provides innovative services for people of all ages who have a wide range of vision impairments from low vision to total blindness - www.pablind.org
United Cerebral Palsy of Pennsylvania
Established in 1952, UCP of Pennsylvania was established by a group of dedicated volunteers and professionals who felt strongly about advocating and creating opportunities for persons with disabilities - www.ucp.org/ucp_local.cfm/130
Pennsylvania Society for the Advancement of the Deaf (PSAD)
To maximize the participation and productivity of its Deaf and Hard of Hearing Citizens within the larger society of Pennsylvania through education, advocacy, and services - www.psadweb.org
Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council (PADDC)
A group made up of people with disabilities, family members, advocates, and state department representatives who work to create favorable conditions for people with developmental disabilities and their families in the Commonwealth - www.paddc.org
Pennsylvania Association for Individuals with Disabilities (PAID)
The Pennsylvania Association for Individuals with Disabilities (PAID) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to addressing the employment needs of individuals with disabilities through unique programming, education, and partnership opportunities with business and industry - www.paid-online.org
Statistics: Pennsylvania Disability
- There are an estimated 1,851,000 people in the state of Pennsylvania over the age of five who have a form of disability.
- Approximately 342,000 people with disabilities, or 3% of the state's population, experience difficulties with performing activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, or moving around inside of their homes.
- There are around 1,042,000 people in the state who have a form of work disability, and 337,000 people with disabilities in Pennsylvania who are employed.
- Around 54,000 people with disabilities in the state are unemployed, while 542,000 are currently not in the workforce.
Latest Pennsylvania Publications
- Pennsylvania DHS to Help More People to Live in the Community
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services announces plans to close Hamburg State Center for people with intellectual disabilities in Berks County and civil section of Norristown State Hospital in Montgomery County.
- Pennsylvania Libraries Expand Accessible Reading Opportunities
Pennsylvania Libraries partner with Benetech/Bookshare to expand accessible reading opportunities for patrons with print disabilities.
- Helping Seniors and Those with Disabilities Live Where They Choose
Wolf administration to provide loans to help seniors and those with disabilities in Pennsylvania to live where they choose.
- Property Tax & Rent Rebates for Seniors & Disabled - Pennsylvania
Senior homeowners, renters and people with disabilities in Pennsylvania will be issued rebates starting July 1, through the Property Tax - Rent Rebate Program.
- Voice Guided Television: Vision Resources of Central Pennsylvania
The talking guide on the X1 platform reads aloud selections like program titles, network names and time slots as well as DVR and On Demand settings.
Full List of Pennsylvania Documents (59 Items)