- Synopsis: Submitted Health and Disability news stories and articles from South Carolina including medical related press releases news and coming events.
South Carolina Disability Resources
Florence County Disabilities and Special Needs Board - FCDSNB provides opportunities for flexibility, personal choice and independence for people with disabilities and special needs - www.fcdsn.org
Southeast ADA Center (Southeast DBTAC) is one of ten regional resources in the DBTAC National Network of ADA Centers funded since 1991 by NIDRR - www.sedbtac.org
South Carolina Autism Society
The purpose of the South Carolina Autism Society is to enable all individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) to reach their maximum potential - www.scautism.org/WEB/index.html
South Carolina Commission for the Blind
Our mission is to provide quality, individualized vocational rehabilitation services, independent living services, and prevention of blindness services to blind and visually impaired consumers leading to competitive employment and social and economic independence - www.sccb.state.sc.us
Family Connection South Carolina
If you have a child with a disability or special health care need, Family Connection of South Carolina can provide you with information, support and hope for the future - www.familyconnectionsc.org/
The South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind
The main campus of the South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind (SCSDB) is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and its five Regional Outreach Centers are located throughout the state - www.scsdb.k12.sc.us/
South Carolina Disability Statistics:
- There are an estimated 681,000 people over the age of five who experience a form of disability in the state of South Carolina.
- Approximately 132,000 people, or 3.4% of the state's population, experience difficulties with activities of daily living to include bathing, dressing, or moving around inside of their homes.
- Around 401,000 people in South Carolina have a form of work disability, while 128,000 people with disabilities in the state are employed.
- Approximately 21,000 people with disabilities in the state are unemployed, and 246,000 are currently not in the workforce.
Latest South Carolina Publications
- 2011 Medicare Health Plan Benefits for South Carolina
Care Improvement Plus Releases 2011 Medicare Health Plan Benefits for South Carolina with commitment to deliver affordable high quality care.
- Red Apple Passes for Residents of Darlington County, South Carolina
Red Apple Pass cardholder can attend school sponsored athletic music dramatic and band events in Darlington County free.
- Preserve South Carolina Home-care Option for Seniors and People with Disabilities
South Carolina Home Medical Providers Call on Congress to Preserve Home-care as an Option for Seniors and People with Disabilities.
- Centene Completes Acquisition in South Carolina - Disability News
Centene Corporation's South Carolina subsidiary Absolute Total Care has completed purchase of Columbia-based Carolina Crescent Health Plan (CCHP).
- MedFirst Alert Medical Alarm Service South Carolina
MedFirst Alert Announces Its Medical Alarm Service Expansion Into South Carolina.
Full List of South Carolina Documents (6 Items)