- Synopsis: Health and Disability news stories and articles from Tennessee including medical related press releases news and coming events.
Facts, statistics, and news for persons with disabilities in the State of Tennessee.
Tennessee Disability Resources
Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability
The Commission is dedicated to working for adults with disabilities and older Tennesseans by providing leadership and guidance for a system that promotes health, dignity, independence and security through an array of community and in-home services, the protection of rights and the implementation of best practices - www.state.tn.us/comaging/
Tennessee Disability CoalitionThe Coalition is an alliance of organizations and individuals who have joined to promote the full and equal participation of men, women and children with disabilities in all aspects of life - www.tndisability.org
Southeast ADA Center (Southeast DBTAC) is one of ten regional resources in the DBTAC National Network of ADA Centers funded since 1991 by NIDRR - www.sedbtac.org
East Tennessee Technology Access Center
The Mission of the East Tennessee Technology Access Center is to enable people with disabilities in East Tennessee to reach their potential for functioning in the mainstream of society through innovative uses of technology. - www.discoveret.org/ettac/
Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Mission is to promote independence and foster the highest quality of life for people with visual impairments, including those with additional disabilities - www.clovernook.org
Tennessee Voices for Children
Tennessee Voices for Children, Inc. speaks out as active advocates for the emotional and behavioral well-being of children and their families - www.tnvoices.org/
Statistics: Tennessee Disability
- There are an estimated 1,053,000 people over the age of five who experience a form of disability in the state of Tennessee.
- Approximately 210,000 people, or 3.9% of the state's population, experience difficulties with activities of daily living, to include bathing, dressing, or moving around inside of their homes.
- Around 641,000 people in Tennessee have a form of work disability, while 199,000 people with disabilities in the state are employed.
- Approximately 36,000 people with disabilities in the state are unemployed, and 380,000 are currently not in the workforce.
Latest Tennessee Publications
- Interacting with Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities Training for Law Enforcement
Justice Department training program available to all law enforcement personnel in Tennessee on interactions with people who have intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- FEMA Assistance May Supplement Insurance for Tennessee Residents
To find out if they qualify survivors must file a claim with their insurance company and also register with FEMA.
- Tennessee Disaster Assistance Facts
The only way to ensure you get the help you are entitled to is to register with FEMA.
- Free Hearing Aids to Underserved Hearing Impaired Children in Nashville, Tennessee Area
Some of Country Musics most celebrated Stars to join in delivering free hearing aids to underserved hearing impaired children throughout the Nashville Tennessee area.
- October Proclaimed Disability Employment Awareness Month
Events Highlighting Abilities of People with Disabilities Scheduled Across State of Tennessee.
Full List of Tennessee Documents (8 Items)