- Synopsis: Disabled World and media coverage of disability related events happenings and special occasions around the World.
This section is designed to keep you updated via Disabled World, media and submitted coverage of disability related events, happenings, and special occasions, either past or currently in progress, around the World.
2011 Alps Challenge - From 4th - 16th June 2011, the charity Disabled Motoring UK who represent disabled drivers, passengers and Blue Badge holders will recreate a journey, across the Swiss Alps in a Argson mobility trike. The journey was first made by one of the founders, on the same trike, back in 1947. Follow their progress...
If you wish to submit information, details or a daily blog posting about a current or past event please see our guideline on submitting an event, article, or press release for publishing on Disabled World.
Latest Event Coverage Publications
- Digital Accessibility and Inclusion Roundtable Hosted by IIM Bangalore
Digital Accessibility meeting addressed need for diverse groups to work on ensuring inclusion, which will ensure success of digital accessibility policies and programs.
- Woman with Spina Bifida Achieves Mud Runner Dream
Woman with spina bifida achieves her dream becoming first female to complete a Mud Runner challenge in a wheelchair.
- Woman With Cerebral Palsy Climbs Mam Tor in Mountain Trike
Melissa Dempsey from Bolton defies odds by climbing Mam Tor a 1695ft view point in Edale despite having mobility issues.
- Roll on Capitol Hill Event United People with Disabilities to Shape Policy
Attendees had the opportunity to personally discuss policies that affect their lives and protect their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- International Friendship Week - The Ear Foundation
Giving young deaf people a chance to make friends, share similarities and differences of cultures and build their communication skills with other deaf young people from different countries.
Full List of Event Coverage Documents (8 Items)