Event with Paralympians Tatyana McFadden, John Boie and Rose Hollermann
Published : 2020-09-20 - Updated : 2021-02-09
Author : Dream On 3 - Contact: dreamon3.org
🛈 Synopsis : Digital Day Dream event on Wednesday, September 23 at 7:00pm EST with Paralympians McFadden, Boie, and Hollermann inspires kids with life-altering conditions. The Digital Day Dream will be conducted via Zoom and will provide the participants an opportunity ask the athletes questions. McFadden is considered the fastest woman in the world. She has 17 Paralympic medals, 23 World Major Marathon wins and has broken 5 world records in track and field.
Overcoming obstacles to dream big dreams is not only the mission of Charlotte, NC based Dream On 3, but it is also the mantra of Paralympians around the globe.
Dream On 3, a nonprofit organization that makes VIP sports dreams come true for kids (ages 5-21) with life-altering conditions, has expanded its reach to the DC Metro area. The nonprofit is thrilled to launch its partnership with Kids In Action (DC) and extend a special "Paralympian Digital Day Dream" invitation to 15 local kids living with Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, amputations, spina bifida, to name a few.
On Wednesday, September 23 at 7:00pm EST, Paralympian basketball players and medalists, John Boie and Rose Hollermann, will participate in a "Digital Day Dream" with kids referred to Dream On 3 from partnering DC organizations such as Kids in Action (DC), Dreams for Kids (SC) the Amputee Coalition, plus a Charlotte, NC-based wheelchair basketball organization, the Charlotte Rollin' Hornets.
The Digital Day Dream will be conducted via Zoom and will provide the participants an opportunity ask the athletes questions.
There will also be time for an exciting game of Jimmy Fallon-inspired "Box of Lies".
The Digital Day Dream will be hosted by Paralympian gold medalist, Tatyana McFadden. McFadden is considered the fastest woman in the world. She has 17 Paralympic medals (including seven gold medals), 23 World Major Marathon wins including 4 consecutive Grand Slams (first place in Boston, Chicago, NYC and London marathons in the same year) and has broken 5 world records in track and field. Recently McFadden starred in and produced the Netflix Film, "Rising Phoenix".
The Digital Day Dream will be simulcast live on Dream On 3's Facebook page at: facebook.com/DreamOn3.DO3/
Dream On 3 Digital Day Dream event flyer.
Dream On 3 (DO3)
Dream On 3 (DO3) is a nonprofit organization, founded in 2012, that makes dreams come true by creating a customized, personal experience with a favorite athlete, sporting event, or sports team. DO3 serves children ages 5-21 who are living with chronic illnesses, intellectual and developmental disabilities, or life-altering conditions.
The organization has received overwhelming support from the healthcare community, collegiate and professional sports communities, plus other national organizations for their focus on this specific population of children with special needs.
- Current locations: Carolinas, Metro Atlanta, and DC Metro. www.dreamon3.org
- For more information about Dream On 3, please contact: Leesa@dreamon3.org
Pediatric Center's Kids In Action (DC)
Kids in Action is an adaptive sports and social activities program for children and young adults with disabilities and their siblings. All kids should have the chance to play sports and be a part of activities with others their own age. We adapt our sports, social, and health-based activities and focus on each child's goals and strengths.
Kids in Action began as a way for children with disabilities to participate in structured activities in the community. Children with complex health care needs regularly move through different health care settings, such as from a traditional hospital to therapy. Many of our families couldn't find social and sports activities their children could participate in and practice the skills they learned through therapy services. As a result, Kids in Action was first designed for The HSC Pediatric Center children. Today, it is open to all children in the Washington, DC area. All events are supervised by licensed therapists so that anyone can participate.
Kids in Action at Home
During this time of change, our goal is to recreate the feel of our Kids in Action activities for you and your family to enjoy in the safety of your home. Activity information will be posted on our social media platforms.
- For more information about Kids in Action, please contact: email@example.com
Source/Reference: Dream On 3 (dreamon3.org). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
Related Events and Public Notices Documents
- 1: Event with Paralympians Tatyana McFadden, John Boie and Rose Hollermann : Digital Day Dream event on Wednesday, September 23 at 7:00pm EST with Paralympians McFadden, Boie, and Hollermann inspires kids with life-altering conditions.
- 2: Free Virtual Acting Courses For People With Physical Disability : Angel City Sports presents virtual acting workshops with free 8 week course designed for those with physical disabilities.
- 3: Notable LGBT Awareness Dates and Events : List of important LGBT+ community awareness remembrance dates and coming events in respect to sexual orientation, gender identity, transgenderism, transsexualism, and intersexuality.
- 4: ILCSC Celebrating 43 Years of Independence : Independent Living Center of Southern California (ILCSC) on Thursday, November 14th, 2019, will be celebrating 43 years of providing services to persons with disabilities over the years to obtain Independence in their lives.
- 5: National Constitution Center Sensory Friendly Sundays : National Constitution Center sensory friendly Sundays will incorporate programs and learning techniques for visitors with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorders, intellectual disabilities and other neurodevelopmental disabilities.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Dream On 3. Electronic Publication Date: 2020-09-20 - Revised: 2021-02-09. Title: Event with Paralympians Tatyana McFadden, John Boie and Rose Hollermann, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/news/events/digital-day-dream.php>Event with Paralympians Tatyana McFadden, John Boie and Rose Hollermann</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/news/events/digital-day-dream.php - Reference: DW#326-13879.