- Synopsis: General news and press releases relating to disabilities as well as information pertaining to the health and medical field.
General news and press releases relating to disabilities, as well as information pertaining to the health and medical field.
Disabled World receives a large number of newsworthy press releases related to health, medical information, and disabilities.
The majority of the releases received are posted to an appropriate category on Disabled World, however, some items of general news do not fit a particular category but are still worth publishing. These general press releases are listed below according to the date and time received. Here, you will find both our recent press releases and an archive of announcements so you can follow trends as they develop.
What is a press release
A press release is pseudo-news story, written in the 3rd person, that seeks to demonstrate to an editor or reporter the newsworthiness of a particular person, event, service or product.
Press releases can announce a range of news items, such as scheduled events, personal promotions, awards, news products and services, sales and accomplishments, etc.
Submitting a Press Release to Disabled World
If you wish to submit a press release or news to Disabled World please see our Submission Guidelines.
Latest Press Releases Publications
- McLane Furthers Focus on Diversity with Expansion of SPARK Initiative
McLane Company, Inc. announces expansion of SPARK, an initiative focused on identifying workplace diversity opportunities through a variety of programs.
- Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Partners With Jelmar to Package Environmentally Safe Cleaning Product Sold Internationally
Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis partners with Jelmar company of Skokie, Illinois, to fill and ship bottles of CLR, a safe calcium, lime and rust remover product.
- Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Acquires Illinois-Based Supplier of Adhesives and Sealants
Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis acquires Val-A Chicago, Inc., owner and producer of the Tear Mender brand of adhesives and sealants.
- NCD: Creating Systems for Success at Home, at Work and in the Community
National Council on Disability Releases: Home and Community-Based Services: Creating Systems for Success at Home, at Work and in the Community.
- Kazakhstan Ratifies Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
The Mazhilis ratified the UN CRPD on Jan. 20 as part of the Kedergisiz Keleshek program being spearheaded by the ruling Nur Otan party.
- People Can be Convinced They Committed a Crime that Never Happened
Evidence from wrongful-conviction cases shows suspects can be questioned in ways that lead them to falsely believe in and confess to committing crimes they did not commit.
- The Arc Marks Senate Passage of ABLE Act
As U.S. Senate passed Achieving a Better Life Experience Act (ABLE Act), The Arc released the following statement.
- Former Merchant Marine with Disabilities Receives Community Quarterback Award from St. Louis Rams
Leo McGeoghegan, disabled in a spinal cord accident, has received a Georgia Frontiere Community Quarterback Award from St. Louis Rams.
Full List of Press Releases Documents (48 Items)