Students from Hereward College Give Advice on Wheelchair Design
Author: Hereward College
Published: 2013-03-21 : (Rev. 2013-08-01)
Chair4Life has a seat which goes up and down enabling disabled children to be at the same height as their friends.
Main DigestLast week, the Renfrew Group visited Hereward College in order to exhibit their latest product called Chair4Life.
Chair4Life is a new wheelchair designed for young people.
The chair, has a seat which goes up and down, enabling disabled children to be at the same height as their friends.
The Renfrew Group who specialize in motorbikes were asked by the NHS to come up with the design prototype which is hoped to go into full production.
The design firm from Leicester, which has worked on Rolls Royce, Aston Martin and Triumph motorbikes has recently unveiled their latest creation at Hereward College where students have advised the designers about the chair design and functionality.
Some comments from students were:
"Sometimes I don't get noticed and I have to shout really loud in order to get people's attention. With this chair, because the seat goes up and down, it's an advantage."
"You're at the same height with other people so you don't feel intimidated by people standing over you."
Hereward College is a general further education college located in Coventry. It offers inclusive provision with specialist facilities and services for students with a wide range of learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
Hereward College has been awarded with Investors in People 'Gold', Matrix Standard and is a Mindful Employer. It is the only College in Coventry which was awarded with a 'Good' grade by Ofsted.
Further information is available at www.hereward.ac.uk
- 1 - ILCSC Provides Essential Services to Persons with Disabilities During Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency : ILCSC (2020/05/20)
- 2 - Year of Making a Difference: St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired : St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired (2012/01/08)
- 3 - Federal State of the Union - NCD : National Council on Disability (2011/11/01)
- 4 - LHB Industries, Inc. Gains ISO9001:2015 Certificate for Quality Management Standards : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/04/06)
- 5 - Enhancing Technology Access and Education for People with Disabilities : Comcast Corporation (2014/02/28)
- 6 - Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Acquires Assets of Badge Magic : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/09/27)
- 7 - Lighthouse for the Blind Saint Louis Launches S.O.A.R. Program at Webster University : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2014/06/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.