Joe's Crab Shack Assists Families Affected by Autism
Author: National Autism Association
Synopsis and Key Points:
Partnership with Joes Crab Shack will allow us to reach beyond the autism community for much needed support for individuals and families.
Main DigestJoe's Crab Shack Partners with NAA to Assist Families Affected by Autism.
The National Autism Association (NAA) announced today a partnership with Joe's Crab Shack restaurants across the nation. Beginning in June 2011 and each month thereafter, look for selected dates and locations to EAT AT JOE'S and up to 20% of food sales will be donated to NAA.
Restaurant guests will need to print off the flyer provided and give to their servers indicating that a portion of that food sale will go to NAA. Each month, additional Joe's Crab Shack locations will be announced along with the specified dates that the program is in place.
"This partnership with Joe's Crab Shack is one that will allow us to reach beyond the autism community for much needed support for individuals and families impacted by autism," says NAA's Executive Director Rita Shreffler.
In addition to the direct support provided through this campaign, NAA is also pleased to be working with a restaurant that offers a full gluten-free menu as well. A gluten-free diet has been shown to be an important part of treatment protocol for many individuals diagnosed with autism.
"Joe's Crab Shack is delighted to work with the National Autism Association to raise awareness of a disorder now affecting one in 110 children in this country," says Marketing Coordinator Tara Loper. "We hope many families will join us on these dedicated dates throughout the year and help support the autism community."
The West Coach Launch dates are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, June 15 and 16, 2011 and will cover Joe's Crab Shack locations in the states of California and Washington.
About Joe's Crab Shack - Joe's Crab Shack serves buckets of crab, a wide variety of steam-pots, fish, shrimp, burgers, chicken and festive vacation-style drinks amid a carefree atmosphere. For more information about Joe's Crab Shack or to find a restaurant near you, visit www.joescrabshack.com. Joe's Crab Shack is owned by the Houston-based Ignite Restaurant Group www.igniterestaurantgroup.com.
Visit www.nationalautismassociation.org/joescrabshack.php to find locations and eligible dates.
About NAA - The mission of the National Autism Association is to respond to the most urgent needs of the autism community, providing real help and hope so that all affected can reach their full potential. Since 2003, NAA has created and implemented direct-assistance programs for the growing number of families affected by autism. Along with these services, NAA provides autism research funding, ongoing advocacy, support and education. A parent-led non-profit organization, our objectives and resources focus upon strengthening families affected by autism through support in obtaining therapy and medical services, and funding impactive research aimed at real progress for our children and all individuals affected by autism - www.nationalautism.org
- 1 - ILCSC Provides Essential Services to Persons with Disabilities During Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency : ILCSC (2020/05/20)
- 2 - Year of Making a Difference: St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired : St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired (2012/01/08)
- 3 - Federal State of the Union - NCD : National Council on Disability (2011/11/01)
- 4 - LHB Industries, Inc. Gains ISO9001:2015 Certificate for Quality Management Standards : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/04/06)
- 5 - Enhancing Technology Access and Education for People with Disabilities : Comcast Corporation (2014/02/28)
- 6 - Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Acquires Assets of Badge Magic : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/09/27)
- 7 - Lighthouse for the Blind Saint Louis Launches S.O.A.R. Program at Webster University : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2014/06/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.