Half Price Tickets to Descriptive Audio Shows at Fox Theatre
Author: Lighthouse for the Blind Arts and Entertainment Accessibility Program
Synopsis and Key Points:
The Fox Theatre descriptive audio shows with half price tickets for visually impaired people and their companions.
Main DigestThe Lighthouse for the Blind and the Fabulous Fox Theatre Partnering to Bring Descriptive Audio Shows Back to the Fox for People who are Blind.
Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis, a non-profit corporation that assists legally blind people maintain dignity and independence by offering Employment, Education and Support Services, is excited to announce the continued growth of their Arts and Entertainment Accessibility program with involvement by the Fox Theatre.
Lighthouse for the Blind and the Fox Theatre are bringing descriptive audio shows for persons who are blind and visually impaired back to the Fabulous Fox. Through the generosity of the Lighthouse, a legally blind individual and their companion are being offered half-price tickets for descriptive audio shows with the Lighthouse funding half of the cost of each show ticket.
The Fox Theatre descriptive audio shows with half price tickets for visually impaired people and their companions are:
"Billy Elliot the Musical," Nov. 11, 2011 at 8:00 p.m.
"A Christmas Carol," December 2, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.;
"Beauty and the Beast," December 23, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.;
"West Side Story," February 24, 2012 at 8:00 p.m.;
"Memphis," May 11, 2012 at 8:00 p.m.
A pair of half-price tickets for participants in the Arts and Entertainment Accessibility program range in cost from $15 to $80, depending on the show and seating choice in the Fox Theatre.
Julie M., a person who is legally blind, said, "I have attended many Fox performances in my lifetime. I enjoy musical theatre very much, but I have never been able to see the sets, costumes, or dancing. The descriptions took care of that. I loved the descriptive audio, and I thought it was very useful. At this performance, I was able to know what was happening, as it was happening, instead of having to ask about it later. It was amazing!"
Descriptive audio show attendees will be asked to complete a short survey about their experience so that the Lighthouse and the Fox Theatre can continue to improve this valuable service in ways that will most enhance the descriptive audio experience.
The Fox Theatre, first opened in January 1929, has been a wonderful showcase for Broadway shows, Vegas performers, top pop, rock and comedy concert acts, country superstars, dance, family productions, gospel plays, classic movies and special events (weddings, graduations, and proms). The Fox Theatre main number is 314.534.1678.
Also known as LHB Industries, the Lighthouse is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation founded in 1933 whose offices and manufacturing facilities currently employ more than 60 legally blind persons at two locations in Saint Louis County. The Lighthouse manufactures, assembles, warehouses and sells high-quality products to government and commercial customers nationwide including first aid kits, medical kits, catheters, aerosol and liquid paints, aerosol and liquid cleaning products and others.
Through the manufacture and sale of products, the Lighthouse furthers its mission of assisting individuals who are legally blind maintain dignity and independence with employment, education and support services, All sales revenues directly support Lighthouse programs including Continuing Education; Low Vision Aid; Professional Career Development; Summer Transition and Employment; and many others available for legally blind and visually impaired individuals in Missouri and Southwestern Illinois.
The Arts and Entertainment Accessibility Program is one of many community enrichment initiatives offered by the Lighthouse through its See the Future Programs. For information visit www.lhbindustries.com
- 1 - ILCSC Provides Essential Services to Persons with Disabilities During Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency : ILCSC (2020/05/20)
- 2 - Year of Making a Difference: St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired : St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired (2012/01/08)
- 3 - Federal State of the Union - NCD : National Council on Disability (2011/11/01)
- 4 - LHB Industries, Inc. Gains ISO9001:2015 Certificate for Quality Management Standards : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/04/06)
- 5 - Enhancing Technology Access and Education for People with Disabilities : Comcast Corporation (2014/02/28)
- 6 - Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Acquires Assets of Badge Magic : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/09/27)
- 7 - Lighthouse for the Blind Saint Louis Launches S.O.A.R. Program at Webster University : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2014/06/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.