LHB Industries, Inc. Gains ISO9001:2015 Certificate for Quality Management Standards
Author: Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis(i) : Contact: lhbindustries.com
Published: 2018-04-06 : (Rev. 2019-03-04)
LHB continues to satisfy requirements for globally respected quality management systems that have distinguished the organization for years.
LHB Industries, Inc. is proud to announce that the organization has received a Certificate of Registration for global standard ISO 9001:2015 resulting from an extensive audit showing that LHB satisfies all requirements for globally recognized quality management systems.
John Thompson, LHB president, said, "This certification verifies LHB Industries' historic achievements in maintaining high-quality industry standards and processes that distinguish our R&D, manufacturing, assembly, distribution and warehousing operations."
"LHB's successful completion of the ISO 9001:2015 certification audit reflects the dedicated professionalism of our employees and managers in achieving our mission," Thompson added.
LHB Quality Manager Angelo Vangel said, "ISO 9001:2015 certification is a globally recognized mark of excellence that we are proud to achieve and maintain."
"This certification and compliance with high quality standards is often a prerequisite for doing business with major customers nationwide as we have done for many years," Vangel noted.
Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis - LHB Industries Inc. Logo
LHB Industries has two assembly and packaging plants, an R&D lab and warehouse operations in St. Louis County, Missouri, for assembly, packing, warehousing and shipping its popular RapidFix, Quake Kare and Tear Mender consumer products, and also LHB's flagship products for business, government and military customers.
Perry Johnson Registrars, Inc., which provides third party quality and environmental management system audit services for organizations worldwide, was chosen by LHB to audit its Quality Management Systems.
Vangel pointed out, "The third-party auditing process is not new for LHB - we initially chose to become ISO certified many years ago to be more competitive and quality conscious in the marketplace. The benefits of certification typically include more customer satisfaction, better control of processes and new mechanisms to continually improve quality."
"Our initial certification process occurred in 2005, and since that time we have been audited every year. The audit for the new ISO9001:2015 revision occurred in January, 2018, and required eight days to complete. We received the ISO9001:2015 certificate in March, 2018."
ISO9001:2015 standards were developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Based in Geneva, Switzerland, ISO is a 164-member global federation that develops voluntary quality management standards to facilitate production of high quality products and services, and encourage good business practices.
Perry Johnson Registrars, Inc. is one of about 450 accredited registrars worldwide that conduct professional audits leading to a Certificate for Quality Management Standards if the participating organization proves compliant.
In its recent audit, LHB was required to document more than 30 internal policies, processes and procedures to show compliance with ISO9001:2015 standards. LHB's audit-based documentation included these and other relevant operational processes:
- Scope of the Quality Management Systems
- Quality policy
- Quality objectives
- Criteria for evaluating and selecting suppliers
- Monitoring and measuring equipment calibration records
- Employee training, skills, experience and qualifications
- Product/service requirements reviews
- Design and development inputs, outputs and controls
- Changes to design and development
- Characteristics of all products and services to be provided
- Organization charts
- Process maps, process flow charts and process descriptions
- Testing and inspection plans
- Quality plans
- Quality manuals
- And more
John Thompson said, "We are extremely proud of our employees and managers for their continuing commitments to maintain exemplary quality management standards."
LHB Industries, Inc. (Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis)
LHB Industries, Inc. is the trade name of Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis, a not-for-profit 501(c)3 manufacturing, distribution and social services organization founded in 1933. Today, the organization helps children and adults who are visually impaired maintain dignity and independence by offering employment, education and support services. LHB currently employs 48 people who are legally blind in its two assembly and packaging plants in St. Louis County, Missouri. All sales revenues directly support LHB's 16 Community Outreach Programs under the banner "See the Future."
For LHB product and service information, see the website www.lhbindustries.com or contact Brittney Bettonville at 800.542.3697 or 314.423.4333.
(i)Source/Reference: Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - ILCSC Provides Essential Services to Persons with Disabilities During Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency : ILCSC (2020/05/20)
- 2 - Year of Making a Difference: St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired : St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired (2012/01/08)
- 3 - Federal State of the Union - NCD : National Council on Disability (2011/11/01)
- 4 - LHB Industries, Inc. Gains ISO9001:2015 Certificate for Quality Management Standards : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/04/06)
- 5 - Enhancing Technology Access and Education for People with Disabilities : Comcast Corporation (2014/02/28)
- 6 - Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Acquires Assets of Badge Magic : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/09/27)
- 7 - Lighthouse for the Blind Saint Louis Launches S.O.A.R. Program at Webster University : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2014/06/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.