Desperate Housewives Star Raises Awareness for OCD and Machine Man Project
Author: Grey Street Management
Synopsis and Key Points:
Kathryn Joosten helps bring OCD into the Hollywood spotlight by shooting a PSA to raise awareness and support Kellie Madisos latest film Machine Man.
Main DigestKathryn Joosten helps bring OCD into the Hollywood spotlight by shooting a PSA to raise awareness and support Kellie Madisos latest film Machine Man.
Two-time Emmy winner Kathryn Joosten helps bring this hush-hush disorder into the Hollywood spotlight by shooting a PSA to raise awareness for the cause and to support Kellie Madison's latest film, "Machine Man."
The film is the first narrative to address the debilitating struggle that millions of people affected by OCD go through on a daily basis.
"Before I started acting, I was a psychiatric nurse and witnessed the staggering effect mental illness can have. I think it's important this film gets made, I'm just doing my part to help make that happen."
Madison created The Machine Man Project in efforts to change perceptions of OCD through media and art.
The film is the cornerstone of this bold effort.
Madison is also attempting to do something never done before: raise $2,000,000 for the production of the "Machine Man" movie through a grassroots social media campaign.
Her team shot a trailer for the film (with the help of three of Spielberg's top crew members) which was recently unveiled at the 18th Annual International OCD Conference and was a huge success!
To see the trailer and learn more about the Machine Man Project, please visit: machinemanthemovie.com
- 1 - ILCSC Provides Essential Services to Persons with Disabilities During Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency : ILCSC (2020/05/20)
- 2 - Year of Making a Difference: St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired : St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired (2012/01/08)
- 3 - Federal State of the Union - NCD : National Council on Disability (2011/11/01)
- 4 - LHB Industries, Inc. Gains ISO9001:2015 Certificate for Quality Management Standards : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/04/06)
- 5 - Enhancing Technology Access and Education for People with Disabilities : Comcast Corporation (2014/02/28)
- 6 - Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Acquires Assets of Badge Magic : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/09/27)
- 7 - Lighthouse for the Blind Saint Louis Launches S.O.A.R. Program at Webster University : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2014/06/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.