Workers with Disabilities Latest Victims of Great Recession
Author: Disparti Law Group, P.A.
The Great Recession is hurting workers with disabilities who can least afford it.
Main DigestThe Great Recession is hurting another group of innocent people who can least afford it - workers with disabilities.
"People who are entitled to receive government assistance in the form of Social Security Disability benefits are having to wait longer and longer - sometimes as long as three years," says attorney Larry Disparti, president of Disparti Law Group, P.A., which specializes in helping injured workers process their claims. "That's because there are so many people applying for benefits. The system is backed up and can't process all the disability claims in a timely manner."
"What is a disability" is a key question to determine if a person qualifies for disability benefits.
If a worker has a disease, condition or disability that limits or prevents them from employment, they may be eligible to receive government assistance in the form of Social Security Disability benefits (SSD). SSD provides cash benefits on a monthly basis for persons who are totally disabled.
"In most cases you must be suffering from a condition that has or will prevent you from being employed for at least 12 months or a condition that will result in your death," he said. This could include aging workers whose bodies have deteriorated and can no longer perform their past physical work. "As our workforce gets older, their bodies are giving out and they cannot be trained for other manual labor."
In applying for these benefits, there may be several levels of appeal that must be pursued. A denial at any one level or a past denial may not disqualify you from receiving benefits, he said.
"Many people with disabilities give up when they are rejected unfairly because they don't know what else to do," he said. "The Disparti Law Group, P.A. will take on your case and fight the government for you at any stage in your application for benefits."
People from any state can call for information at 1-800-633-4091 or go to www.dispartilaw.com
Disparti offers two tips so people can improve their chances of getting their claims approved.
First, they should get treated for their ailment, and second, everyone should get the records from their doctor to ensure that their medical provider is accurately representing the problems they are dealing with.
"Unfortunately, many people who are unemployed can't afford to go to doctors," he said. "We advise our clients to go to free health clinics, or a public health facility which has a sliding fee scale, so they can get treatment and get their documentation."
If you are suffering from any of these conditions or any other condition that prevents you from work, you may be entitled to disability benefits:
About the Firm - The Disparti Law Group is a law firm that is dedicated to providing superior legal representation for individuals who have been injured or are unable to work. Through our experience and skill, it is our mission to obtain results for injured victims and their family members who have been harmed through no fault of their own. We represent people in a vast area of practices, including Social Security Disability, supplemental security income cases, auto accidents, wrongful death, tort, serious personal injury and insurance disputes.
Our goal is to utilize our experience, skill and dedication to obtain the best possible results for each of our clients. We accomplish this goal by using a team approach of knowledgeable attorneys and a support staff that is dedicated to our clients.
The Disparti Law Group's main office is located in Holiday, Florida, near Tampa, and has other offices centrally located in Chicago, IL, Cleveland, OH and Buffalo, NY.
In the event you are unable to meet us at our offices, we will make arrangements to come to you, including home, hospital, and business visits. In addition, because we understand the urgency of many of our clients' legal needs, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - www.dispartilaw.com
- 1 - ILCSC Provides Essential Services to Persons with Disabilities During Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency : ILCSC (2020/05/20)
- 2 - Year of Making a Difference: St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired : St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired (2012/01/08)
- 3 - Federal State of the Union - NCD : National Council on Disability (2011/11/01)
- 4 - LHB Industries, Inc. Gains ISO9001:2015 Certificate for Quality Management Standards : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/04/06)
- 5 - Enhancing Technology Access and Education for People with Disabilities : Comcast Corporation (2014/02/28)
- 6 - Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Acquires Assets of Badge Magic : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/09/27)
- 7 - Lighthouse for the Blind Saint Louis Launches S.O.A.R. Program at Webster University : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2014/06/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.