Wage Incentive to Employ Young Disabled People
Author: Department for Work and Pensions
Published: 2012-06-07 : (Rev. 2012-07-31)
New wage incentive scheme to encourage employers to give young disabled people further work opportunities.
Main DigestA new wage incentive scheme to encourage employers to give young disabled people further work opportunities is being announced today by the Minister for Disabled People.
A payment of up to £2,275 will be made available for employers who recruit young disabled people through Work Choice - a specialist disability employment program that provides tailored support to help disabled people who have the most complex support needs.
This extra support for young disabled people will sit alongside the recently launched Youth Contract, which is already boosting the employment prospects of this country's young jobseekers.
Minister for Disabled People, Maria Miller said:
- "In a tough economic climate, addressing youth unemployment is a key priority for this Government. Through this wage incentive we are encouraging employers to hire more young disabled people by providing some money ourselves."
- "By creating a partnership between Government and the employer, it will give more young disabled people the opportunity to demonstrate their skills in the workplace, so that the employer will keep that young person on beyond the six months of the subsidy."
The new wage incentive is now available, more information in the press release at: UK Work Choice Program Provides Incentive for Hiring People with Disabilities
- 1 - A Very British Lockdown - Confused and Chaotic : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/04/26)
- 2 - Coronavirus Outbreak: Thoughts From the UK : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/03/12)
- 3 - Will Britain's New Immigration Policy Impact Upon Disability? : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/03/02)
- 4 - EESC Urges Commission to Make Disability Rights Strategy Far More Ambitious : European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2019/12/18)
- 5 - EU Disability Conference Examines Disability Strategy for the Next Decade : The European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2020/03/03)
- 6 - Media Needs to Start Breaking Down Stigma Surrounding Disability : European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2019/07/11)
- 7 - UK Road Atlas for Blue Badge Drivers : The PIE Guide (2011/07/06)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.