Wage Incentive to Employ Young Disabled People
- Publish Date: 2012/06/07 - (Rev. 2012/07/31)
- Author: Department for Work and Pensions
Outline: New wage incentive scheme to encourage employers to give young disabled people further work opportunities.
Main DigestA new wage incentive scheme to encourage employers to give young disabled people further work opportunities is being announced today by the Minister for Disabled People.
A payment of up to £2,275 will be made available for employers who recruit young disabled people through Work Choice - a specialist disability employment program that provides tailored support to help disabled people who have the most complex support needs.
This extra support for young disabled people will sit alongside the recently launched Youth Contract, which is already boosting the employment prospects of this country's young jobseekers.
Minister for Disabled People, Maria Miller said:
- "In a tough economic climate, addressing youth unemployment is a key priority for this Government. Through this wage incentive we are encouraging employers to hire more young disabled people by providing some money ourselves."
- "By creating a partnership between Government and the employer, it will give more young disabled people the opportunity to demonstrate their skills in the workplace, so that the employer will keep that young person on beyond the six months of the subsidy."
The new wage incentive is now available, more information in the press release at: UK Work Choice Program Provides Incentive for Hiring People with Disabilities
- 1 - Media Needs to Start Breaking Down Stigma Surrounding Disability | European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) | 2019/07/11
- 2 - UK Road Atlas for Blue Badge Drivers | The PIE Guide | 2011/07/06
- 3 - The Catastrophe of Disability Welfare Within the UK | Paul Dodenhoff | 2014/06/30
- 4 - Upcoming EU Elections Must Be Accessible to Everyone | EESC Press Unit | 2019/02/11
- 5 - Reintroducing the Sick-role? Disability in Modern Day Britain | Paul Dodenhoff | 2019/01/10
- 6 - Britain's 'Windrush' Injustice: The Startling Similarities with Britain's Maltreatment of Disability | Paul Dodenhoff | 2018/08/16
- 7 - Archbishop of Canterbury Hosts Disability Conference at Lambeth Palace | Archbishop of Canterbury | 2018/07/13
- 8 - Disability Discrimination in Portugal is High - No National Strategy for Persons with Disabilities | EESC | 2018/03/28
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media