U.S. Veterans 2014 COLA Increase
Author: Disabled Veterans National Foundation : Contact: www.dvnf.org
2014 cost-of-living increase of 1.5% for veterans receiving disability benefits or pensions will also apply to disabled veterans receiving automobile, clothing allowances, and other benefits.
Main DigestDisabled Veterans National Foundation Reminds Veterans of VA's 2014 COLA Increase - Beginning in 2014 the VA will increase monthly compensation for veterans and their dependents.
The Disabled Veterans National Foundation (www.dvnf.org), a nonprofit veterans service organization that focuses on helping men and women who serve and return home wounded or sick after defending our safety and our freedom, is reminding veterans of the VA's recently announced cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) in 2014.
On December 4th, the Department of Veterans Affairs announced a cost-of-living increase of 1.5 percent for veterans receiving disability benefits or pensions, as well as to their families and survivors.
The adjustment will also apply to disabled veterans receiving automobile and clothing allowances, and other benefits in 2014. In addition, this will be the first year that payments will not be rounded down to the nearest dollar, furthering enhancing monthly compensation.
The increase is being made in accordance with the law, as the VA must make COLA increases to match Social Security benefits.
"Cost-of-living increases are not only important to veterans and their families, they are necessary," said DVNF CEO, Joseph VanFonda (SgtMaj Ret). "Many veterans are struggling just to get by as a result of a disability incurred from their service, so this COLA increase will help make sure they are taken care of.
"While we strive to assist veterans with their many needs, an increase in monthly compensation will be helpful to veterans who are in a particularly delicate financial state."
According to the VA, rates for veterans without dependents will range from $130.94 monthly for a 10 percent disability to $2,858.24 monthly for 100 percent.
For more, go to www.dvnf.org
- 1 - Disabled Vets and Some Caregivers Can Soon Shop in Army & Air Force Exchange Service Stores : U.S. DoD (2019/11/15)
- 2 - Hearing Disability - Age or Prior Activities? : Thomas C. Weiss (2011/03/20)
- 3 - Drexel Universities offers New Veterans a Free Degree! : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/04)
- 4 - No Property Tax for Some Disabled Vets in Texas : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/05)
- 5 - The National Resource Directory Website for Veterans : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/11)
- 6 - VA Experiencing Increase in Disability Claims : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/19)
- 7 - SUDS - Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.