Cancellation of Deaflympics in Slovakia
Author: International Committee of Sports for the Deaf
Published: 2010-05-12 : (Rev. 2013-07-13)
Synopsis and Key Points:
International Committee of Sports for the Deaf announces cancellation of 17th Winter Deaflympics in Slovakia.
Main DigestCancellation of the 17th Winter Deaflympics in Slovakia...
It is with great regret that the International Committee of Sports for the Deaf Executive Board announces the cancellation of the 17th Winter Deaflympics in Slovakia.
The games were scheduled to take place in February 2011.
To guarantee the success of the 2011 Winter Deaflympics the Slovakia Deaflympic Organizing Committee were required to develop and organize adequate funding, detail planning, final preparation of venues, comprehensive quarterly progress reports, high standard marketing efforts, and being able to provide information about the games to the general public.
Unfortunately the Slovakia Deaflympic Organizing Committee were unable to secure confirmation of funding and expected high standards in preparation for the scheduled games to take place. This leaves the Executive Board with a vote of no confidence in the Slovakia Deaflympic Organizing Committee.
ICSD recognizes that this is a devastating blow to Winter Deaf Sports globally.
ICSD will now be focusing its attention on the ICSD Congress scheduled for 2011 where extensive discussions regarding future Deaflympic events, funding, effective planning and Deaf Sport Reform strategic developments will take place.
- 1 - Deaflympics - ICSD Update : International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (2011/05/18)
- 2 - Deaflympics 2013 - UK Deaf Sport Calls for Support : UK Deaf Sport (2013/07/16)
- 3 - Deaflympics Taipei 2009 Lead Up News : Disabled World (2009/01/31)
- 4 - 2009 WIDEX Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year : International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (2009/12/14)
- 5 - Cancellation of Deaflympics in Slovakia : International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (2010/05/12)
- 6 - Athens Deaflympics 2013 - Lack of Support : International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (2011/07/07)
- 7 - 2011 Slovakia Deaflympics Winter Games : Disabled World (2011/02/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.