2011 Slovakia Deaflympics Winter Games
Author: Disabled World
Published: 2011-02-01 : (Rev. 2013-07-13)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Information regarding the 2011 Deaflympics Winter Games at Vysoke Tatry in Slovakia.
Main DigestOver 700 athletes and officials will attend the 2011 Winter Deaflympics Games from 18 Feb 2011 to 26 Feb 2011 at Vysoke Tatry in the northern part of Slovakia.
The Slovak Republic (short form: Slovakia) is a landlocked country in Central Europe with a population of over five million people.
The town of Vysoke Tatry is special in that it is not a true town, but a conglomerate of separate and different settlements (originally separate villages), whose only common feature is that they are the main tourist resorts in the Slovak High Tatras, while being connected through a common railway network (the Tatra Railway).
On the 24 January 2010, there was drawing event for both Curling and Ice Hockey teams at the Grand Hotel Kempinski in Vysoke Tatry, Slovakia for next year's competition at the 17th Winter Deaflympics.
The International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (ICSD) received final team entries which were due on 15 January 2010. As a result, there will be six (6) women's curling teams, eight (8) men's curling teams, and six (6) men's ice hockey teams.
Sports included at the 17th Winter Deaflympics are Alpine Skiing, Cross Country Skiing, Curling, Ice Hockey, and Snowboarding.
Preparation for the 2011 Deaflympics is currently underway with the reconstruction of the several sport stadiums including renovation to new infrastructures in some venues.
- 1 - Deaflympics - ICSD Update : International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (2011/05/18)
- 2 - Deaflympics 2013 - UK Deaf Sport Calls for Support : UK Deaf Sport (2013/07/16)
- 3 - Deaflympics Taipei 2009 Lead Up News : Disabled World (2009/01/31)
- 4 - 2009 WIDEX Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year : International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (2009/12/14)
- 5 - Cancellation of Deaflympics in Slovakia : International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (2010/05/12)
- 6 - Athens Deaflympics 2013 - Lack of Support : International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (2011/07/07)
- 7 - 2011 Slovakia Deaflympics Winter Games : Disabled World (2011/02/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.