Soldiers to the Summit of Labouche East Mountain
Author: Ameripride Taxgroup
Synopsis and Key Points:
Soldiers to the Summit brings veterans who suffered injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan on an expedition that passes through Nepal to attempt to summit the peak of Labouche East.
Main DigestAmeriPride Tax Group Sponsors Soldiers to the Summit - In support of America's soldiers and veterans, AmeriPride Tax Group donates much-needed climbing gear to Soldiers to the Summit.
AmeriPride Tax Group, a leading provider of tax planning, preparation and help, showed its support for America's soldiers, veterans and disabled citizens with a significant contribution to the Soldiers to the Summit.
"This organization stands behind the service men and women who risk their lives to protect our freedom," said Victoria J. Burns, AmeriPride Tax Group managing CPA. "It is an honor and a privilege to give back to the community with a donation to this incredible organization."
Soldiers to the Summit brings eleven combat veterans who suffered injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan on a three-week expedition that passes through Nepal on the way to attempt to summit the 20,075 foot peak of Labouche East. Located just 8.7 miles from Mount Everest in the Himalayas, this peak will provide a worthwhile challenge for the soldiers who left from Los Angeles International Airport on Friday, October 1 for the three-week expedition.
World T.E.A.M. Sports organized the expedition in order to show that people with disabilities can overcome any challenge. Erik Weihenmayer, the only blind person to ever summit Mount Everest, will lead the team. Weihenmayer brings many of the same climbers that helped him to reach Everest's summit just one decade ago.
The three women and eight men represent all four branches of the military and indeed all the men and women of the armed services who risk life and limb to protect the freedoms held dear by citizens in the Untied States. Their injuries include loss of sight, limb amputations and traumatic brain injuries.
This challenge starts with a seven day trek through the Khumbu region to a Base Camp at 16,269 feet. Following one day of rest, the team will begin the climb with the terraces and snow slopes below the main glaciers found on the South-West Face of Lobouche East. High camp will be established at 18,305 feet and on the 13th day of this difficult trek, the team will attempt to summit the 20,075-foot peak of Lobuche East.
The team will spend up to six days descending the mountains and returning to Kathmandu.
About World T.E.A.M. Sports - Since 1993, World T.E.A.M. Sports has been using the power of adaptive sports to provide opportunities to individuals living with a disability by having people of all abilities join together to overcome soul-stirring athletic challenges. In an effort to change the way the world views athletes of all abilities. World T.E.A.M. Sports hosts a variety of challenging athletic events to promote inclusion and T.E.A.M.work, thereby educating people and communities about true human ability while enabling individuals to realize their own. A registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, World T.E.A.M. Sports is more than an organization; it is a movement to change the way the world perceives all athletes. To learn more, visit worldteamsports.org.
About AmeriPride Tax Group - AmeriPride Tax Group provides protection, peace of mind, and results to taxpayers seeking permanent solutions to IRS, state, and payroll tax issues. Employing a team of tax professionals, including certified public accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents (EAs) and attorneys, AmeriPride Tax Group evaluates every situation to determine the best course of action. Offering strategic tax planning, tax preparation and help for specific tax problems, AmeriPride Tax Group is accredited by the Better Business Bureau. As a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) and the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), AmeriPride Tax Group maintains high standards for quality and service.
For more information or to access free tax education resources visit to www.AmeriPrideTaxGroup.com today.
- 1 - Move United: America's Community Based Adaptive Sports Organization : Susan Rossi (2020/05/05)
- 2 - Rabat the Capital of Morocco to Host African Para Games : The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2019/04/02)
- 3 - Portable Bocce Courts Could Expand Bocce Playing in Hong Kong : Packaworld (2018/10/15)
- 4 - Goalball UK Trials Revolutionary Portable Goalball Goals : Packaworld (2018/05/07)
- 5 - North Pole to be Made Wheelchair Accessible : Team Independence '09 (2009/03/30)
- 6 - Disability and Gender Equity in Sport : Canadian Heritage (2018/04/25)
- 7 - International Blind Sports Federation Paralympic Qualifier - Fort Wayne, IN - Summer 2019 : Visit Fort Wayne (2018/06/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.