World Para Ice Hockey Schedule for PyeongChang 2018 Paralympics
Author: International Paralympic Committee (IPC) : Contact: paralympic.org
Published: 2018-01-12 : (Rev. 2018-03-15)
Synopsis and Key Points:
World Para Ice Hockey schedule for the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games.
World Para Ice Hockey has revealed the schedule for the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games, with three matches set for 10 March, the opening day of the Para ice hockey competition.
The first puck will drop at 1200 KST (0400 CET), between Norway and Italy. The hosts - and current World Championship bronze medallists - South Korea will then take the ice against Japan. The attention will then turn to Canada, who look to add the Paralympic gold to their world title from last April, as they face off against Sweden.
The USA will begin their campaign for a third straight Paralympic title on day two (11 March) against Japan.
Preliminary matches will continue until 13 March, with the first games set for noon each day in the Gangneung Hockey Centre. Playoff games will be contested from 14-15 March to not only decide the teams for the finals but also determine ranking from fifth place and above.
Two teams will battle for the bronze medal on 17 March, with the match scheduled for 1200.
Before the Closing Ceremony begins on 18 March, the Paralympic champion will first be decided with the match to take place at noon.
A detailed schedule of Para ice hockey competition at PyeongChang 2018 can be found here: www.paralympic.org/sites/default/files/document/180112134921391_PWG+2018+-+Para+Ice+Hockey+schedule+-+Master.pdf
The Paralympic Winter Games take place in PyeongChang from 9-18 March. Tickets can be purchased at www.cosport.com
Para Ice Hockey Schedule
PRELIMINARY GAMES, times in KST
Saturday, 10 March
- Game 1 NOR vs ITA - 1200
- Game 2 KOR vs JPN - 1530
- Game 3 CAN vs SWE - 1900
Sunday, 11 March
- Game 4 USA vs JPN - 1200
- Game 5 KOR vs CZE - 1530
- Game 6 CAN vs ITA - 1900
Monday, 12 March
- Game 7 USA vs CZE - 1200
- Game 8 CAN vs NOR - 1530
- Game 9 ITA vs SWE - 1900
Tuesday, 13 March
- Game 10 USA vs KOR - 1200
- Game 11 NOR vs SWE - 1530
- Game 12 CZE vs JPN - 1900
Wednesday, 14 March
- Game 13 (playoffs 1) Third place Group A vs fourth place Group B - 1600
- Game 14 (playoffs 2) Third place Group B vs fourth place Group A - 2000
Thursday, 15 March
- Game 15 (semi-finals) First place Group A vs second place Group B - 1200
- Game 16 (semi-finals) First place Group B vs second place Group A - 2000
Friday, 16 March
- Game 16 (rank 7) Loser playoffs 1 vs loser playoffs 2 - 1600
- Game 17 (rank 8) Winner playoffs 1 vs winner playoffs 2 - 2000
Saturday, 17 March
- Bronze medal game: Loser semi-finals 1 vs loser semi-finals 2 - 1200
Sunday, 18 March
- Gold medal game: Winner semi-finals 1 vs winner semi-finals 2 - 1200
- 1 - Watch Live Coverage of PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Games : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2018/03/01)
- 2 - PyeongChang 2018 Paralympics: Day Seven Highlights : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2018/03/16)
- 3 - PyeongChang 2018 Paralympics: Day Eight Highlights : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2018/03/17)
- 4 - PyeongChang 2018 Paralympics: Day Six Highlights : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2018/03/15)
- 5 - PyeongChang 2018 Paralympics: Day Five Highlights : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2018/03/14)
- 6 - PyeongChang 2018 Paralympics: Day Four Highlights : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2018/03/13)
- 7 - World Para Ice Hockey Schedule for PyeongChang 2018 Paralympics : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2018/01/12)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.