Disability Cruise Ship Facilities Guide
Published 2012-06-24 11:34:44 - (8 years ago). Last updated 2012-06-24 11:44:23 - (8 years ago).
Outline: United States cruise information guide pertaining to disabled facilities available on cruise ships.
Main DigestDisabled Facilities Guide Released by USA Cruise Experts Us.cruise.co
United States focused cruise information website us.cruise.co has released information pertaining to the disabled facilities that are available on cruise ships. The guide is designed to assist members of the cruising community who are disabled or traveling with a disabled person in their booking decisions by letting them know what help is available to them.
The "Disabled Cruise Guide" provides a vast array of details of what disabled services are available with the world's best cruise lines for a variety of different disabilities.
If a passenger is wheelchair bound the guide provides information on which cruises allow you to bring your own wheelchair and which have facilities available for you to hire one when on board. Likewise details of the cabins designed for disabled customers are available, detailing everything from the width of doorways, to bath room facilities and how much turnaround space there is in the cabin.
Us.cruise.co are very aware that disabilities come in many forms so have also provided information on the services for the those with visual and hearing impairments. Details of whether or not there is Braille Signage on board ships and what in cabin alert signals are available to keep the passenger as safe as possible.
The move is a welcome push towards ensuring that disabled passengers receive as much information as they can to help them make informed decisions when booking their cruise vacations, and with the United States supreme Court ruling as late back as 2005 that cruise ships operating around the US are required to make their ships accessible to disabled passengers, the guide comes not a moment too soon as until now there has been very little information on how the cruise lines have complied with ruling in one easy to find place.
Speaking on the importance of the guide, Seamus Conlon, managing director of Cruise.co, stated that ' Recent news of shifting policy towards disabled access on cruise ships means that it's more important now than it ever was to keep disabled passengers updated and informed. Cruise lines such as P&O have recently changed their policy over electric wheelchair and scooter son board their ships, and whilst this has been controversial in a few months' time this will have been forgotten and any disabled cruisers who missed the mews will be left without any information."
The cruise.co team seem set to try and tackle this problem by providing as much information as possible to cruise passengers, and the disabled guide is a great new addition to their selection of guides and reviews.
1. CRUISE.co is the United States' leading cruise community with over 119,265 cruise reviews and 180,190 cruise questions and answers.
2. www.CRUISE.co provides unrivaled number of unedited reviews and opinions by real people daily
3. Four successive wins as best European cruise travel agent
4. Three times the winner of the best cruise travel agent in the World
- 1 - Accessible Cruising with Mobility At Sea | Chris Palmer - Mobility At Sea (2014-10-10 14:35:43)
- 2 - Accessible Cruise Booking Tips | Connie George (2009-01-09 18:56:40)
- 3 - Cruise Ship Internet WIFI Guide and Pricing | za.cruise.co (2012-07-09 16:15:29)
- 4 - Disability Cruise Ship Facilities Guide | www.cruise.co (2012-06-24 11:34:44)
- 5 - Online Wheelchair and Scooter Rental Booking for Cruise Travelers | Special Needs Group, Inc. (2011-02-08 12:44:03)