Cruise Ship Internet WIFI Guide and Pricing
Published: 2012-07-09 : (Rev. 2013-06-13)
Synopsis and Key Points:
List of cruise lines that provide Internet access onboard ship via WIFI including pricing.
Main DigestZa.cruise.co is the largest cruise website where passengers can find information on their cruise before boarding. It is common knowledge that 21st century cruisers have difficulty leaving their online connection to the world behind - to keep in touch with work, friends and family - even at sea. Here's a WIFI cruise guide to find all the information you need before boarding.
WIFI - A wireless technology that allows connection to the Internet when in range of an "access point". It is normally associated with accessing the Internet from a computer, but many mobile phones, particularly business smartphones, have Wi-Fi as a feature.
WI-FI on pay-as-you-go
Holland America Line offers 24/7 wireless connection hotspots, Explorations Cafe or Internet Cafe located on board.
Guests on all Vista Class may access the internet on cruises directly from their staterooms.
Every ship on Carnival Cruises provides satellite internet access facilitated through the Internet Cafe and through the ship-wide WIFI network. An activation fee of $3.95 will be charged when you first log on.
On most of the cruise ships, 5 packages are available including a pay-as-you-go package.
The cruise line who offers the cheapest rate for WI-FI is the Regent, for $0.35 per minute. On the contrary, if you are boarding on Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Cunard, Fred.Olsen, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, passengers will pay $0.75 per minute on pay-as-you-go. Oceana Cruises has the high rate with $0.95 per minute.
4 different packages exist, from the cheapest to the most expensive.
- Package 1: from £4 for 30 minutes on Hurtigruten charges to $70 for 100 mins on Celebrity Cruises
- Package 2: from £6 for 60 mins on Hurtigruten to $200 for 600 mins on Crystal Cruises
- Package 3: from £16 for 100 mins on Thomson to $300 for 1500 mins
- Package 4: $99.95 for 237 mins on Azamara Club to $399.99 for entire 7 nights on Seabourn
There are no internet or WI-Fi facilities on any of the Swan Hellenic river vessels. Voyages to Antiquity only offer internet in the Internet Center open 24 hours.
For a full list of cruise ship Internet WIFI packages visit www.za.cruise.co/tailor-made-cruise-holidays/wifi/
- 1 - Accessible Cruising with Mobility At Sea : Chris Palmer - Mobility At Sea (2014/10/10)
- 2 - Accessible Cruise Booking Tips : Connie George (2009/01/09)
- 3 - Cruise Ship Internet WIFI Guide and Pricing : za.cruise.co (2012/07/09)
- 4 - Disability Cruise Ship Facilities Guide : www.cruise.co (2012/06/24)
- 5 - Online Wheelchair and Scooter Rental Booking for Cruise Travelers : Special Needs Group, Inc. (2011/02/08)
- 6 - Toronto Cruises : Amy Nutt (2008/12/29)
- 7 - Maritime Passengers with Disabilities Rights : Disability Rights (2010/07/09)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.