Access Guide to National Parks in Utah
Published : 2016-03-17 - Updated : 2017-06-29
Author : C&C Creative Concepts - Contact: BarrierFreeUtah.com
🛈 Synopsis : This inclusive book is the third in a series of accessible travel guides to popular destinations throughout the United States.
Penned by accessible travel expert Candy Harrington, this new travel guide highlights wheelchair-accessible trails, sites, and lodging options in Utah's five national parks.
If you've ever dreamed of exploring Utah's magnificent national parks, but thought the rugged landscape might be too much of a challenge because you use a wheelchair or get around a little slower, then pick up a copy of Barrier-Free Travel; Utah's National Parks for Wheelers and Slow Walkers ($8.95, C&C Creative Concepts), and prepare to hit the road.
Penned by accessible travel expert Candy Harrington, this new travel guide highlights accessible trails, sites, and lodging options in Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands and Arches National Parks.
Book Cover: Barrier-Free Travel; Utah's National Parks for Wheelers and Slow Walkers
Filled with useful access information the book includes:
- Loaner Wheelchair Locations
- Details on Accessible Trails
- Barrier-Free Camping Information
- Details on Free Accessible Bus Tours
- Accessible Transportation in the Parks
- Information on Accessible Ranger-Led Tours
- Special Access Pass and Discount Information
- Access Details and Photos of All In-Park Lodgings
- Scenic Drives, Accessible Viewpoints and Windshield Views
- An Additional 23 Accessible Lodging Options Near the Parks
Says Harrington, "There's a lot of information scattered around about access in these parks. Some of it is accurate and some of it isn't. My goal was to compile a comprehensive resource, with accessible lodging information, so it would be easier for wheelchair-users and slow walkers to plan their visits. And I'm very pleased with the finished product."
The book also includes information about recent access improvements in the parks. "I'm really impressed with the access upgrades that have been added in these parks over the years," says Harrington. "For example, in 2015 a beautiful five-mile long accessible multiuse trail was added in Bryce Canyon National Park, and the existing trail out to Double Arch in Arches National Park was upgraded."
This inclusive book is the third in a series of accessible travel guides to popular destinations throughout the United States. Says Harrington, "Although it's written for wheelchair-users and slow walkers, moms who have stroller-aged kids will appreciate the access information in this guide, as well as the future books in this series. In the end, good access really benefits everyone."
Known as the guru of accessible travel, Candy Harrington has covered this niche exclusively for the past 20 years. She's the founding editor of Emerging Horizons and the author of several accessible travel titles, including the classic, Barrier-Free Travel: A Nuts and Bolts Guide for Wheelers and Slow Walkers. She also blogs regularly about accessible travel issues at www.BarrierFreeTravels.com
Barrier-Free Travel; Utah National Parks for Wheelers and Slow Walkers ($8.95, ISBN: 978-0692661468) is available at www.BarrierFreeUtah.com
Related United States Documents
- 1: Adirondack Scenic Railroad Train Trips : News, information and coming special trip events on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad.
- 2: The Main National Parks in America : Short reviews of the top ten most famous National Parks in America and their locations.
- 3: Disability Accessible Attractions Myrtle Beach South Carolina USA : Information regarding wheelchair and disability accessible attractions in Myrtle Beach area South Carolina USA.
- 4: Mount Rushmore Tours for People with Disabilities : Black Hills Open-top-tours based out of Rapid City, SD, now offers year round Mount Rushmore sightseeing service for those with disabilities.
- 5: Collecting Sea Shells on the Carolina Coast : Hunting for sea shells along the populated beaches of North and South Carolina USA.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: C&C Creative Concepts. Electronic Publication Date: 2016-03-17 - Revised: 2017-06-29. Title: Access Guide to National Parks in Utah, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/travel/usa/access-guide.php>Access Guide to National Parks in Utah</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-13, from https://www.disabled-world.com/travel/usa/access-guide.php - Reference: DW#55-12034.