Silverlining Boutique Offers Real Life Work Experience for Students with Special Needs
Author: The Help Group
Synopsis and Key Points:
March 9 opening of Silverlining resale boutique adjacent to its Culver City Campus.
Main DigestThe Help Group Opens Silverlining - A Resale Boutique Offering Students With Special Needs Real-Life Work Experience.
The Help Group is proud to announce the March 9 opening of Silver-lining resale boutique adjacent to its Culver City Campus.
This unique enterprise offers new and gently used fashionable and designer clothing, shoes, and accessories for women, men and children while serving as an innovative vocational training center for students with social and communication disabilities, including autism and other related disorders. This invaluable work experience is designed to enable students to increase their level of independence and self confidence and develop the life skills tools they need to secure employment.
"This is one of the many new initiatives being launched at The Help Group that seeks to broaden the range of opportunities for young people with special needs. This venture has the added beauty of benefiting students, those who donate to the store and our community a silver lining for all," said Dr. Susan Berman, Chief Operating Officer of The Help Group.
Silverlining is appreciative of the generous donations from American Rag, Disney/ABC Television Group, Ed Hardy Shoes and Pumpkin-heads as well as from many individuals in the community.
Silverlining is located at 12095 Washington Blvd. in Culver City. For more information and how to make donations, please call 310-741-1483 or email email@example.com.
About The Help Group: Founded in 1975, The Help Group is dedicated to helping young people with autism and other special needs fully realize their potential. It is the largest, most comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the field of autism. The Help Group offers a wide range of innovative autism spectrum disorders programs, and each day, 950 students ages 3 - 22 attend its autism day schools.
- 1: 39% of Canadian Small Businesses Hire People with Disabilities : BMO Financial Group (2014/10/11)
- 2: Want to Be a Doctor But Have a Disability? : University of Michigan (2016/02/12)
- 3: Weight-loss Surgery Employment Discrimination : Springer (2015/01/08)
- 4: Career Education Research for Students with Autism and Developmental Disabilities : Education Associates, Inc. (2016/10/14)
- 5: 2020 Canadian Employer Summer Job Funding Applications : Employment and Social Development Canada (2020/02/01)
- 6: Workplace Adaptions for Employees with Number Blindness Caused by Dyscalculia : iansyst Ltd (2011/04/19)
- 7: How to Get a U.S. Government Job : Disabled World (2009/02/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.