- Last updated: January 21st, 2020
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies are NOT viruses.
Cookies use a plain text format. They are not compiled pieces of code so they cannot be executed nor are they self-executing. Accordingly, they cannot make copies of themselves and spread to other networks to execute and replicate again. Since they cannot perform these functions, they fall outside the standard virus definition.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
NOTE: It is possible to browse our website with no loss of major functions when cookies are disabled in your browser.
- Acceptance Cookie: If you click accept on our cookie banner a small cookie will be placed on your computer to verify your acceptance and to stop the cookie banner displaying on every page of our site while you are browsing, or on subsequent visits to our website. This cookie expires one year after you click accept. If you revisit our site again after 1 year you will need to re-accept the cookie request banner if you wish to continue browsing our web site.
- Advertising cookies: To pay for the running and publishing of the site, we use google's Adsense program to serve ads when you visit our website. Our site would not exist without advertisers paying to put their ads on this site. Google may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Via Adsense, we no longer use personalized advertising for visitors from California in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), or the U.K. and E.U. countries in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and we only authorize Adsense to employ non-tracking anonymous cookies for ad delivery and anonymous targeting in GB, E.U. countries, and the state of California in the U.S.A.
- If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Google, visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
3rd Party websites
We provide links to third-party sites. Since we do not control these Web sites, we encourage you to review the privacy, cookie, terms and any other policy posted on these (and all) third-party sites.
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services:
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of a web sites features, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of pages might not display properly. Remember also that if you turn off cookies in your browser then those settings will apply to ALL websites not just Disabled World.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit Google:
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit Microsoft:
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit Mozilla:
- For the Safari web browser, please visit Apple:
- For Safari Mobile (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch) please visit Apple:
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
Find More Information About Cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Network Advertising Initiative: https://www.networkadvertising.org
GDPR: Internet Privacy and Data Protection - An outline of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Internet privacy and data protection changes on Disabled World.
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.