Disabled World Contributors
Do you have an interesting disability news story, an informative article, or assistive product review that will benefit our readers? If your organization or department publishes disability related news, press releases, and events and would like to add Disabled World as a recipient, please see our details on submissions.
Regular Contributors* Include
- Disabled World - Worldwide
- Thomas C. Weiss - (U.S.) - Thomas Weiss earned his Master's degree at Antioch University Seattle in Whole Systems Design/Organizational Psychology. Writing about politics interests him due to the diversity of issues presented. Other qualifications include: Whole Systems Design/Organizational Psychology; Independent pursuits related to Disability Studies; Bachelor of Arts Western Washington University; Associate of Technical Arts Edmonds Community College.
- Paul Dodenhoff - (U.K.) - I have been writing articles for Disabled-World for a number of years, trying to raise awareness of my project, and hopefully raise issues that need to be raised as regards disability hate crime, and other connected disability issues.
- Caylee Shea - Caylee has faced many hardships in her life. Through her hardships she has learned to never give up and to enjoy the little things in life. Caylee recently joined the Disabled World team, and we welcome the youthful insight regarding disability and illness she provides in her regular column.
- Freelance Writers - (Worldwide) - We often accept and publish informative articles from disabled freelance writers and journalists whose work passes Disabled World editorial and quality requirements.
- Press Releases - (Worldwide) - Many people rely on Disabled World as their regular source of disability news, current affairs, and coming events. In order to keep our visitors up to date Disabled World supplements our own material by publishing interesting and informative press releases related to health and disability submitted by journalists, world organizations, and various world Government sectors.
Regular information, news, and updates are sent to us direct by:
- Health Canada
- The U.S. White House
- Department of Labor
- Department of Justice
- U.K. Department for Work and Pensions
- World Departments of Veterans Affairs
- United Nations (UN) Development Program
- International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- World Departments of Social Security or Equivalent
- U.S. FDA and Country Equivalents - Warnings, alerts, advisories, recalls, and approvals
- U.S. CDC and Other Country Equivalents - Emergency health information, warnings and advisories.
- Many other world organizations and Government departments, including Health and Medical Research Institutions, whose reports on the latest achievements of medical science are sent to Disabled World in order to inform the public.
- Disability organizations, companies, assistive product developers/inventers and public services for the disabled - As a free community service we often publish news, information, and helpful resources - including public services, that we feel may be helpful and/or of interest to the worldwide disability community.
Contribute Health and/or Disability Information
Do you have an interesting disability news story, coming event, informative article, or a review/idea for a new assistive product or service that will benefit our readers? While it is free to have your information published on Disabled World, submissions must follow our guidelines - Further information on submissions to Disabled World
Unless noted otherwise, contributors should NOT be considered as health or medical professionals, although they might have extensive experience in certain areas.
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.