ARCA Racer Benny Chastain Will Drive to End Hunger in 2011
Benny Chastain driver of the No. 75 Bob Schacht Motorsports ARCA car will team with AARP to chase his stock car racing dreams.
Main DigestChasing his racing dreams, 68-year-old AARP member joins effort to end senior hunger.
Benny Chastain, driver of the No. 75 Bob Schacht Motorsports ARCA car, will again team with AARP in 2011 to chase his stock car racing dreams this year while helping a cause. AARP, BSM and Chastain announced a renewal of their sponsorship deal that will put Chastain in a Drive to End Hunger (DTEH) race car for eight races during the 2011 ARCA Racing Series season. DTEH is an initiative of AARP and AARP Foundation to increase awareness of hunger among older Americans, raise funds and find solutions to combat hunger.
"I'm thrilled to take my racing to the next level while serving a cause that can help millions of American seniors," Chastain said. "This is a chance to rally the ARCA racing community around a terrible problem and help find solutions."
AARP began its sponsorship of Chastain during the 2010 ARCA season to help the 68-year-old AARP member reach his dream of racing stock cars at the national level. In pursuit of his goal, Chastain will drive the DTEH car in eight ARCA races in 2011, beginning with the Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 at Daytona International Speedway on February 12.
"Benny represents generations of older Americans who are asking themselves, 'What's next'" said AARP Chief Brand Officer Emilio Pardo. "We're excited to have him back for 2011 to continue chasing his racing dream while giving back to a cause that will help seniors who are struggling."
DTEH is helping millions of older Americans who are facing hunger across the United States. The effort will engage race fans, corporations and charitable organizations via a text-to-donate program; www.DriveToEndHunger.org; activation at racetracks across the country; further research on the causes and consequences of hunger in older Americans; and an innovative national grant program that will provide resources to address the problem at a local level.
Chastain's car has been redesigned for 2011 to prominently feature DTEH logos. Images of the car will be available from AARP Media Relations.
Race fans can follow Chastain on Twitter (www.twitter.com/BennyChastain), Facebook (www.facebook.com/BennyChastain) and the web (www.BennyChastain.com). To donate to Drive to End Hunger, visit www.DriveToEndHunger.org or text "hunger" to 50555 (standard text messages rates may apply).
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a membership that helps people 50+ have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole. AARP does not endorse candidates for public office or make contributions to either political campaigns or candidates. We produce AARP The Magazine, the definitive voice for 50+ Americans and the world's largest-circulation magazine with nearly 35 million readers; AARP Bulletin, the go-to news source for AARP's millions of members and Americans 50+; AARP VIVA, the only bilingual U.S. publication dedicated exclusively to the 50+ Hispanic community; and our website, AARP.org. AARP Foundation is an affiliated charity that provides security, protection, and empowerment to older persons in need with support from thousands of volunteers, donors, and sponsors. We have staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- 1 - Repeal of Health Law Would Eliminate Important Improvements for Seniors : AARP (2011/01/18)
- 2 - CES 2017: Autonomous Vehicles to Intergenerational Technology : AARP (2016/12/30)
- 3 - Don't Drive Idaho Docs Out of Medicare Says AARP : AARP Idaho (2010/11/27)
- 4 - Idaho Defeat of Health Care Nullification Bill : AARP Idaho (2011/02/25)
- 5 - Top 10 Movies For Grownups of 2010 : AARP (2010/12/21)
- 6 - Help for Family Caregivers as NY Governor Signs CARE Act : AARP New York (2015/10/27)
- 7 - Medicare is Not a Welfare Program - AARP to President Obama : AARP (2011/07/17)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.