RFD-TV to Air AARP National Special
Synopsis and Key Points:
RFD-TV will bring representatives from AARP into the homes of rural residents and landowners farmers and ranchers with a special hour-long RFD-TV LIVE television broadcast.
Main DigestHour-Long Program to Reach Millions in Rural America...
RFD-TV announced it will bring representatives from AARP into the homes of millions of rural residents and landowners, farmers, and ranchers with a special hour-long RFD-TV LIVE television broadcast on Thursday evening, November 18th at 8 PM ET/7 PM CT/5PM PT. The program will originate from RFD-TV's Nashville studios and will feature AARP Senior State Directors Tim Summers (Wyoming), Sarah Jennings (S. Dakota), and Bob Jackson (Texas), and AARP volunteer Margot Seay (Tennessee).
"RFD-TV is a natural platform for AARP and our volunteers to showcase the fantastic work that is being done at the state level to help 50+ America. While the national press tends to focus on urban and coastal areas, RFD-TV reaches the heartland and the millions of Americans who feed, clothe and inspire our country," said Larry Gannon, VP of TV & Radio Programming for AARP.
The representatives from AARP will discuss various topics that pertain to 50+ America, with host Mark Oppold, and will take questions from RFD-TV's national television audience via phone. This special broadcast is scheduled to last for one hour.
"Now 10 years old, RFD-TV is currently the #1 basic cable channel delivering 50+ viewers as a percentage of our audience, who of course, are going to be very interested in this special AARP broadcast. We are really looking forward to this first AARP "LIVE" broadcast on RFD-TV and know that together we can better serve mature viewers, especially in rural America," said Patrick Gottsch, founder & president of RFD-TV.
The TV special will be rebroadcast on Friday November 19th at 10 AM ET/9 AM CT/7 AM PT. RFD-TV is distributed into over 40 million homes nationwide, including DIRECTV (channel 345), DISH Network (channel 231) Verizon FiOS TV (channel 247), plus local channels on many Comcast, Bresnan, Charter, Mediacom, Suddenlink, and over 600 independent rural cable systems. Additional information on the AARP special is available online at www.aarp.org/rfdtv.
About RFD-TV - RFD-TV, LLC - Launched in December 2000 and now celebrating its 10th year of broadcasting, RFD-TV is the nation's first 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week television network dedicated to serving the needs and interests of rural America. Programming includes a wide-variety of shows focused on agriculture, equine, rural lifestyle, and traditional music offerings, which are up-linked via satellite from NorthStar Studios in Nashville, Tennessee. Currently, RFD-TV is distributed in over 40 million homes on DIRECTV, DISH Network, Mediacom, Charter, Suddenlink, Bresnan, Comcast, Verizon FiOS TV, and NRTC cable systems located in all 50 states. RFD-TV The Magazine, the channel's companion publication currently has over 160,000 subscribers. RFD-TV The Theatre opened in March/2007 in Branson, MO. www.rfdtv.com
About AARP - AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan social welfare organization with a membership that helps people 50+ have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole. AARP does not endorse candidates for public office or make contributions to either political campaigns or candidates. We produce AARP The Magazine, the definitive voice for 50+ Americans and the world's largest-circulation magazine with over 35.1 million readers; AARP Bulletin, the go-to news source for AARP's millions of members and Americans 50+; AARP VIVA, the only bilingual U.S. publication dedicated exclusively to the 50+ Hispanic community; and our website, AARP.org. AARP Foundation is an affiliated charity that provides security, protection, and empowerment to older persons in need with support from thousands of volunteers, donors, and sponsors. We have staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- 1 - Repeal of Health Law Would Eliminate Important Improvements for Seniors : AARP (2011/01/18)
- 2 - CES 2017: Autonomous Vehicles to Intergenerational Technology : AARP (2016/12/30)
- 3 - Don't Drive Idaho Docs Out of Medicare Says AARP : AARP Idaho (2010/11/27)
- 4 - Idaho Defeat of Health Care Nullification Bill : AARP Idaho (2011/02/25)
- 5 - Top 10 Movies For Grownups of 2010 : AARP (2010/12/21)
- 6 - Help for Family Caregivers as NY Governor Signs CARE Act : AARP New York (2015/10/27)
- 7 - Medicare is Not a Welfare Program - AARP to President Obama : AARP (2011/07/17)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.