Fighting Unfair Disability Insurance Denial
Author: Sokolove Law
Synopsis and Key Points:
There are several reasons why a disability claim can be denied by an insurance company.
Main DigestSokolove Law Helps Thousands of Consumers Fight Unfair Disability Insurance Denial - UnfairDenial.com Arms Consumers with the Tools Necessary to Fight Wrongful Disability Insurance Denial
Every year, Sokolove Law hears from thousands of consumers who believe they have been unfairly denied a disability claim, meaning an insurer refuses benefits to a policyholder who has a legitimate claim. In response to this growing "bad faith" problem, Sokolove Law LLC launched UnfairDenial.com to provide consumers with a valuable tool they can use to find out what constitutes a long term disability claim, why denials happen, and most importantly what resources are available today that can help a victim of a "bad faith" situation file a claim.
News Image"Consumers buy disability insurance to protect themselves in the event they cannot work because of a physical or mental ailment. So when a consumer files a disability claim that's then denied by their insurance company, instead of helping the individual, it ends up making life that much more challenging," says James Sokolove, Chairman of Sokolove Law, one of the nation's largest marketers of legal services. "Consumers need to know that just because they are told no, doesn't mean this is where the story ends. Insurance companies might deny your claim because at the end of the day, when they pay fewer claims benefits, it means more money for them."
There are several reasons why a consumer's disability claim can be denied by an insurance company which could include the fact that a claim doesn't fall within the scope of the insurance contract or perhaps the policyholder hasn't complied within the policy's terms. However, sometimes insurance companies that practice bad faith will deny a policyholder's claim even if it is legitimate by failing to investigate claims or making the process of filling out paperwork more complex than it needs to be so a policyholder decides to drop the claim.
"It's absolutely disheartening that some insurance companies will put company profits ahead of the very people that put faith in their services. But the reality is it does happen," says James Sokolove, Chairman of Sokolove Law. "If you've been denied a disability claim or have been given the run around by your insurance company, you're not alone. Find out what you're entitled to so you can fight back and get what you deserve."
Most consumers who might encounter a denial are inclined to forfeit their fight because of the overwhelming frustration they feel pertaining to the denied claim. UnfairDenial.com makes it easy for claimants to understand their rights and legal options. In addition to providing helpful counsel and a free consultation, visitors have the option of receiving a free guide, Taking Control: Your Guide to Fighting Disability Denial which helps educate policyholders on what to look for regarding insurance bad faith, how to stay organized and motivated, and finally steps to take moving forward in order to get the money they may be entitled to.
To learn more about disability insurance denial and how to take legal action if you believe your insurance company has acted in bad faith please visit UnfairDenial.com.
About Sokolove Law For nearly 30 years, Sokolove Law has reinvented how people obtain legal services. Our mission is to provide equal access to the civil justice system while ensuring superior quality legal representation. As a pioneer in legal advertising, Sokolove Law has grown to be the largest marketer of legal services in the country. Our proven business model matches particular client needs to the more than 400 law firms that we work with. The result is success for our clients and co-counsel. Sokolove Law operates as a limited liability company in all states except Virginia, California, Michigan, and Tennessee, where it operates as a limited liability partnership. Learn more about Sokolove Law at www.sokolovelaw.com
- 1 - Action Needed to Address Social Security Disability Insurance Finances : The National Academy of Social Insurance (2013/05/24)
- 2 - Disability Insurance Services Campaign: What Will You Say : Disability Insurance Services Inc. (2011/04/25)
- 3 - Critical Illness Insurance : Frank N. Darras (2009/10/28)
- 4 - Benefits of Travel Insurance : Greath Owen (2008/12/29)
- 5 - How to File a SSDI Claim : Allsup (2010/01/08)
- 6 - United States Senate Finance Committee to Investigate Long-Term Disability Insurance Claims : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/24)
- 7 - Health Insurance Options for the Self Employed : Disabled World (2009/02/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.