Guide to Reducing Cost of Long-Term Care Insurance
Author: LifeSecure Insurance Company
Published: 2010-11-23 : (Rev. 2013-06-12)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Free Guide Outlines Ways to Reduce Cost of Long Term Care Insurance.
Main DigestFree Guide Outlines Ways to Reduce Cost of Long-Term Care Insurance - Helpful Consumer Information for Long-Term Care Awareness Month (November)
November is Long-Term Care Awareness Month and even the U.S. Congress has urged "the people of the United States to recognize (this) as an opportunity to learn more about the potential risks and costs ... and the options available."
Some 10 million Americans currently require long-term care according to the American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance (AALTCI) with annual expenditures exceeding $200 billion.
"We're proud to support this important educational campaign," says Lisa Wendt, president and CEO of LifeSecure Insurance Company. Experts expect the number of aging adults needing care will grow significantly in the next decade as the 76 million baby boomers begin to turn 65.
To inform individuals about the importance of long-term care planning and simple ways to make insurance protection more affordable, AALTCI is making available a free online informational consumer guide.
"Few people are aware of the available discounts and planning techniques that can make long-term care insurance quite affordable," explains Jesse Slome, the organization's executive director. "It is possible to reduce the cost considerably by buying earlier rather than later, as rates are based on age and health factors or by taking advantage of significant spousal discounts available from most carriers."
The "2 Minute Guide: Reducing The Cost" can be accessed online. No sign-in or personal information is required. To access the free guide, visit www.aaltci.org/free-guide/.
LifeSecure Insurance Company is based in Brighton, MI and offers long term care and post-hospital recovery insurance products. The company's insurance products are sold through a network of independent marketing organizations, brokers and agents and licensed in 44 states. Additional information is available at www.YourLifeSecure.com.
Established in 1998, AALTCI is the national professional organization serving over 3,000 insurance professionals who market long-term care insurance. The organization's online Consumer Information Center (www.aaltci.org/) has been recognized as a leading resource of current information and relevant statistical data.
- 1 - Action Needed to Address Social Security Disability Insurance Finances : The National Academy of Social Insurance (2013/05/24)
- 2 - Disability Insurance Services Campaign: What Will You Say : Disability Insurance Services Inc. (2011/04/25)
- 3 - Critical Illness Insurance : Frank N. Darras (2009/10/28)
- 4 - Benefits of Travel Insurance : Greath Owen (2008/12/29)
- 5 - How to File a SSDI Claim : Allsup (2010/01/08)
- 6 - United States Senate Finance Committee to Investigate Long-Term Disability Insurance Claims : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/24)
- 7 - Health Insurance Options for the Self Employed : Disabled World (2009/02/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.