Unum Named Favorite Disability Carrier
Synopsis and Key Points:
Unum tops the list of preferred disability carriers selected by members of the National Association of Health Underwriters.
Main DigestCompetitive Rates, Rich Plan Designs Make It Tops on National Association of Health Underwriters List.
Unum tops the list of preferred disability carriers, as selected by members of the National Association of Health Underwriters.
Recognized for its competitive rates and extremely rich plan designs, Unum was named the favorite disability carrier by members of NAHU, the professional association for more than 100,000 licensed health insurance agents, brokers, consultants and benefit professionals.
"Unum has been the market leader for group and individual disability insurance for 33 consecutive years," says Mike Simonds, senior vice president for Unum. "We appreciate this recognition from NAHU members as it underscores our commitment to excellence in product innovation and customer service, and to the outstanding support we provide to the people who turn to us at claim time."
Simonds points to Unum's Simply Unum benefits platform and its new enhanced disability offering as the latest in its 160-year history of benefits innovation.
"Particularly in this economy, our customers demand creative and cost-effective employee benefit solutions that are high-value and low-stress," Simonds says. "Simply Unum and the enhanced disability offering are a perfect fit for NAHU advisers who are helping their clients find a solution that combines benefit choice, funding flexibility, effective education and simplified administration."
NAHU members sell traditional health insurance products, but also disability, long-term care, dental, and a variety of consumer-driven and voluntary products. In January, NAHU asked its members to name their favorite companies and products in a number of categories. Survey respondents supplied their own answers rather than selecting from multiple choice suggestions.
NAHU's favorites in the disability market were published in the April issue of Health Insurance Underwriter magazine. In March, the magazine published the list of preferred voluntary benefits carriers, and sister companies Colonial Life and Unum ranked first and third, respectively.
Unum is a leader in the employee benefits industry, working with 170,000 businesses worldwide, including nearly 40 percent of the Fortune 500, and protecting 25 million people. In 2009, the company paid $6 billion in benefits. The dedication and strength of Unum's claims professionals are reflected in industry-leading customer satisfaction scores for long term and short term disability claims handling, according to an independent survey by JHA.
Unum (www.unum.com) is one of the leading providers of employee benefits products and services in the United States and the United Kingdom. Through its subsidiaries, Unum provided $6 billion in total benefits to customers in 2009.
- 1 - Action Needed to Address Social Security Disability Insurance Finances : The National Academy of Social Insurance (2013/05/24)
- 2 - Disability Insurance Services Campaign: What Will You Say : Disability Insurance Services Inc. (2011/04/25)
- 3 - Critical Illness Insurance : Frank N. Darras (2009/10/28)
- 4 - Benefits of Travel Insurance : Greath Owen (2008/12/29)
- 5 - How to File a SSDI Claim : Allsup (2010/01/08)
- 6 - United States Senate Finance Committee to Investigate Long-Term Disability Insurance Claims : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/24)
- 7 - Health Insurance Options for the Self Employed : Disabled World (2009/02/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.