All-in-one Literacy Support Software Package
Synopsis and Key Points:
WriteOnline ToGo offers students with dyslexia and others who struggle with writing a solution that is cost-effective and easy to use.
Main Digestiansyst teams up with Crick Software to create an all-in-one literacy support software package - WriteOnline ToGo offers students with dyslexia and others who struggle with writing a complete technological solution that is cost-effective and easy to use.
Responding to the needs of schools and families for a cost-effective and user-friendly tool to provide additional literacy support for students, assistive technology specialist iansyst Ltd (www.iansyst.co.uk / www.dyslexic.com) has teamed up with Crick Software (www.cricksoft.com) to introduce WriteOnline ToGo. WriteOnline ToGo is a complete writing solution comprising of a fully supported Toshiba netbook or laptop computer, pre-installed with Crick Software's award-winning writing support tool, WriteOnline.
With more than 45 years combined experience in developing technologies to assist students in overcoming barriers to academic achievement, iansyst and Crick Software are committed to providing innovative solutions that benefit all learners. As part of the partnership, iansyst will be providing one year's over-the-phone technical support for students, teachers and parents to ensure they maximize use of the tool.
Crick Software's WriteOnline offers more support than any other word processor by providing learners with built-in literacy support tools including integrated speech, word prediction, word banks, writing frames and Work-Space - the visual mind mapping tool. In addition, the WriteOnline ToGo package also includes a year's telephone support through iansyst for both the computer and the software, a slipcase or backpack to protect the hardware from being damaged on the move, and robust anti-virus software.
Abi James, Head of Product Innovation for iansyst Ltd, commented: "iansyst and Crick Software have a long history of successful collaborations. WriteOnline ToGo is a perfect example of combining our specialties for the benefit of students who are struggling with literacy. A number of schools and families do not have the resources available to support dyslexic students as well as other students who find writing difficult. By offering the complete service in a cost-effective bundled package, we are working to remove any barriers to using technology that may exist for students."
"The unique combination of WriteOnline with a top quality computer, fully supported by iansyst, makes WriteOnline ToGo the perfect writing solution for any student who struggles with writing tasks", says Crick Software CEO, John Crick. "We look forward to helping many more students achieve writing success through this affordable new technology package."
Prices for WriteOnline ToGo start from just £449. For further information please visit www.iansyst.co.uk / www.dyslexic.com or tel: 01223 420101.
iansyst has a 27-year history of representing, publishing and distributing assistive technology solutions to the education, public and private sector, to help people with dyslexia and other disabilities. ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 Quality Mark conformant, iansyst delivers contracts to the highest industry standards on every scale, from individuals, schools and academies, to entire local authorities and the Government. iansyst Ltd has an established customer base throughout the UK and Ireland, including: individuals, teachers and needs assessors from schools, colleges and universities. It also supplies to education and disability officers from local authorities, and HR and occupational health professionals from commercial and public organizations. iansyst is a registered supplier under the 'One Stop Shop' Service Level Agreement to provide equipment and services under the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA). This scheme is designed to help students in further and higher education.
- 1: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (2014/10/17)
- 2: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : The Optical Society (2014/11/14)
- 3: 3dRudder: Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller : Disabled World (2017/01/02)
- 4: 3dRudder Foot Mouse : Stanislas Chesnais (2020/11/24)
- 5: Tablet Computers for Educational Medium : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015/01/23)
- 6: Sitecues: Improving Patron Web Accessibility : Ai Squared (2016/06/02)
- 7: How to Create God Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 : Disabled World (2020/09/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.