Accessible ReadSpeaker docReader - Online Document Viewer of Choice
Author: ReadSpeaker : Contact: www.readspeaker.com
Published: 2014-04-10 : (Rev. 2016-06-11)
Synopsis and Key Points:
New customizable version of ReadSpeaker now provides accessible online reading and viewing experience of PDFs and other documents on the Internet.
A new version of ReadSpeaker's popular document-reading and viewing solution, ReadSpeaker docReader, has launched today with new features and performance improvements. ReadSpeaker now offers the most accessible online reading and viewing experience of PDFs and other documents on the web. Online content owners can now fully customize docReader according to their needs.
A software application that attempts to identify and interpret what is being displayed on the screen. This interpretation is then re-presented to the user with text-to-speech, sound icons, or a Braille output device. Screen readers are a form of assistive technology (AT) potentially useful to people who are blind, visually impaired, illiterate or learning disabled, often in combination with other AT, such as screen magnifiers.
The new version of ReadSpeaker docReader enables online content owners to provide their end users with a highly accessible, plugin-free document viewer that can display all types of documents. The web-based docReader offers highly scalable usage levels for content owners wishing to make their online documents available to millions of users. With this launch, ReadSpeaker proposes the first truly generic online document viewer that can handle vast amounts of documents and supports most connected devices. Now online content owners can simply use ReadSpeaker docReader as their main tool to make all their online documents viewable for their users.
The docReader interface has been completely rebuilt, offering new branding possibilities. Site owners can fully customize the appearance of docReader to offer their own branded version of the solution. New configuration options are available to better control the reading options available to site users, including the possibility to download an audio file of the document.
Better text selection and document navigation enables users to read or listen to the entire document or only the sections that interest them on any connected device. In addition to thumbnail navigation, navigation through the table of contents is now possible for PDF documents that have an outline.
Significant performance enhancements, including dynamic loading of thumbnails and pages, as well as the increased use of HTML5, make this version of docReader considerably faster. Additionally, the new touch-friendly interface works even better on mobile touch-screen devices.
"This enhanced version of ReadSpeaker docReader offers our customers an easy way to make their online documents available in different modes to their users no matter which device they are using. In this way, we are providing an even more user-friendly, accessible, and customizable experience for both our customers and their users," says Niclas Bergstram, CEO, ReadSpeaker.
ReadSpeaker® (www.readspeaker.com) is the worldwide leader in online text to speech. In 1999, ReadSpeaker pioneered the first-ever speech-enabling solution for websites followed by the first web-based platform for producing digital talking books. Today, the company's text-to-speech and document viewing services are used by thousands of websites/mobile apps and millions of users worldwide every month. ReadSpeaker speech-enables content on the fly in 40+ languages and 100+ voices. The company provides a portfolio of text-to-speech and document viewing solutions for websites, mobile sites, mobile apps, connected devices, digital books, e-learning materials, documents and forms.
More than 10,000 corporate, media, government, and nonprofit customers around the world use the company's text-to-speech and document viewing solutions.
- 1: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (2014/10/17)
- 2: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : The Optical Society (2014/11/14)
- 3: 3dRudder: Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller : Disabled World (2017/01/02)
- 4: 3dRudder Foot Mouse : Stanislas Chesnais (2020/11/24)
- 5: Tablet Computers for Educational Medium : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015/01/23)
- 6: Sitecues: Improving Patron Web Accessibility : Ai Squared (2016/06/02)
- 7: How to Create God Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 : Disabled World (2020/09/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.