Window-Eyes 9 Screen Reader Released by Ai Squared
Author: Ai Squared : Contact: www.aisquared.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Release of Window-Eyes 9, a software program used by people who are blind or have low vision to access and use computers.
Window-Eyes 9 offers numerous new innovative features and functionality that enhance the overall user experience for every user.
"This major release has received rave reviews from screen reader users who have helped us develop this product. Window-Eyes 9 further embodies our philosophy of innovation, ease of use, and wider compatibility with third-party PC software," says Jeremy Curry, Director of Product Management, Screen Reading, Ai Squared.
Key product enhancements include:
- All new web-reading improvements that make browsing easier, more descriptive and more accurate. Enhancements include better support for Internet Explorer, Firefox, dynamic web pages, ARIA and HTML 5 for first-class access to websites.
- New smart algorithms that ensure accurate screen reading. Some examples include new, best-in-class web-table reading capability, including column-formatted web pages and math equations in Microsoft Word.
- Improved ease of use and convenience features, such as an auto-recovery tool, WYSIWYH (what-you see-is-what-you-hear) capability, and new tools for text selection, copying, and formatting.
- Wider support for third party software programs such as Microsoft Office Online, Office 365 ProPlus and Outlook, QuickBooks for Windows, Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Charts. Window-Eyes 9 even has preliminary support for Windows 10.
"Our company's passion is providing a full family of digital access solutions which enable users to stay productive at work, school, or at home. The new feature-rich enhancements included in Window-Eyes 9 demonstrate our commitment to screen reading technology," says David Wu, CEO of Ai Squared.
According to the World Health Organization, over 285 million people in the world are considered vision disabilities; 39 million of those are blind and 246 million have moderate to severe vision disabilities.
In 2014, Microsoft partnered with Ai Squared to provide Window-Eyes for free to anyone around the globe who has a valid license of Microsoft Office 2010 or higher.
"We are excited to be a part of the ongoing partnership with Ai Squared and be able to provide the improvements of Window-Eyes 9 to users of Microsoft Office," says Rob Sinclair, Chief Accessibility Officer at Microsoft.
For more information or to place an order, call (802) 362-3612 or email sales(at)aisquared(dot)com, www.aisquared.com
- 1 - VADIA Virtual Reality Simulator Helps Teenagers with Autism Learn How to Drive : Vanderbilt University (2016/07/26)
- 2 - Smyle Mouse for Hands-free Control via Face Gestures : Perceptive Devices, LLC (2016/10/18)
- 3 - List of Hotkeys and Keyboard Shortcuts : Disabled World (2009/02/17)
- 4 - List of Computer Screen Readers for Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2014/08/06)
- 5 - Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control : Comcast (2019/06/19)
- 6 - Brain Waves Write Directly to Computer : Mayo Clinic (2009/12/07)
- 7 - Connecting iPad iPhone or iPod to TV or Projector : Disabled World (2012/02/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.