- Published: 2015-01-13 - Contact: Ai Squared at www.aisquared.com
- Synopsis: Release of Window-Eyes 9, a software program used by people who are blind or have low vision to access and use computers.
"In 2014, Microsoft partnered with Ai Squared to provide Window-Eyes for free to anyone around the globe who has a valid license of Microsoft Office 2010 or higher."
Window-Eyes 9 offers numerous new innovative features and functionality that enhance the overall user experience for every user.
"This major release has received rave reviews from screen reader users who have helped us develop this product. Window-Eyes 9 further embodies our philosophy of innovation, ease of use, and wider compatibility with third-party PC software," says Jeremy Curry, Director of Product Management, Screen Reading, Ai Squared.
Key product enhancements include:
- All new web-reading improvements that make browsing easier, more descriptive and more accurate. Enhancements include better support for Internet Explorer, Firefox, dynamic web pages, ARIA and HTML 5 for first-class access to websites.
- New smart algorithms that ensure accurate screen reading. Some examples include new, best-in-class web-table reading capability, including column-formatted web pages and math equations in Microsoft Word.
- Improved ease of use and convenience features, such as an auto-recovery tool, WYSIWYH (what-you see-is-what-you-hear) capability, and new tools for text selection, copying, and formatting.
- Wider support for third party software programs such as Microsoft Office Online, Office 365 ProPlus and Outlook, QuickBooks for Windows, Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Charts. Window-Eyes 9 even has preliminary support for Windows 10.
"Our company's passion is providing a full family of digital access solutions which enable users to stay productive at work, school, or at home. The new feature-rich enhancements included in Window-Eyes 9 demonstrate our commitment to screen reading technology," says David Wu, CEO of Ai Squared.
According to the World Health Organization, over 285 million people in the world are considered vision disabilities; 39 million of those are blind and 246 million have moderate to severe vision disabilities.
In 2014, Microsoft partnered with Ai Squared to provide Window-Eyes for free to anyone around the globe who has a valid license of Microsoft Office 2010 or higher.
"We are excited to be a part of the ongoing partnership with Ai Squared and be able to provide the improvements of Window-Eyes 9 to users of Microsoft Office," says Rob Sinclair, Chief Accessibility Officer at Microsoft.
For more information or to place an order, call (802) 362-3612 or email sales(at)aisquared(dot)com, www.aisquared.com
- New Video Magnifier for Low-Vision Users - abledbody & co. - (2011-10-06)
- Simply Talker 2000 Screen Reader for Windows - Thomas C. Weiss - (2009-09-25)
- Computer Screen Magnifiers - Disabled World - (2009-02-17)
- 3 Month License of JAWS Screen Reader for Windows - Freedom Scientific - (2014-12-15)
- Learning to Live with Vision Loss as We Get Older - State Independent Living Council (SILC) - (2013-02-22)