GPS Tracking Shoes for Seniors
Author: Omnilink Systems(i) : Contact: omnilinksystems.com
Published: 2011-12-05 : (Rev. 2019-02-08)
Synopsis and Key Points:
GPS Shoes continually report their location to the tracking software which caregivers can use to track the movements of the person wearing them.
New GPS Shoe for Seniors Available Online Now at Aetrex.com - Caregivers Can Now Track, Locate, and Recover Seniors Using GPS Shoes.
Global Positioning System (GPS) is defined as a space-based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather, anywhere on or near the Earth, where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites. It is maintained by the United States government and is freely accessible by anyone with a GPS receiver.
From Omnilink, GTX Corp and Aetrex, the GPS Shoe for senior men and women with Alzheimer's, dementia, and memory loss is now available for online purchase at www.aetrex.com/gps
The GPS Shoe is available in standard sizes, with velcro straps or shoe laces, and costs $299.99 for the shoe and $34.99 monthly for tracking, locating, and recovery service.
More than 5.4 million Americans have Alzheimer's disease - the leading cause of dementia - and up to 60 percent of them will become lost at least once.
GTX, Aetrex, and Omnilink collaborated - contributing hardware, materials, software, and customer service elements - to produce the new GPS Shoe solution in order to give caregivers of seniors a convenient new way to monitor their loved ones' whereabouts.
The GPS Shoes continually report their location to the tracking software, which caregivers can use to track the movements of the person wearing them.
Caregivers can also configure the service to receive text messages if the wearer wanders outside of a predetermined geographic area.
"More than 60 percent of Alzheimer's and dementia caregivers report high stress, and one-third report symptoms of depression, according to a recent Alzheimer's Association survey," said Kelly Gay, Omnilink President and CEO. "Our partnership with Aetrex and GTX gives caregivers peace of mind by providing a convenient, easy-to-use way to continually monitor the whereabouts of patients and loved ones with dementia, ensuring safety and security."
About Omnilink Systems
Omnilink Systems provides the real-time location of people and valuable assets through unique location-based services technology that goes beyond traditional GPS.
Our judicial solutions are transforming offender monitoring by providing officers with immediate visibility to offender locations anytime, anywhere.
Government agencies across the country rely on Omnilink Systems' single-unit solutions to effectively manage offenders in a variety of alternative sanctions programs.
Through our network of value-added solutions partners, Omnilink's commercial solutions provide the real-time location of people and critical assets when their safety and security are of paramount importance.
For more information, please visit www.omnilinksystems.com or call 678-624-5900.
For more information about the Aetrex GPS Shoe line, visit www.gpsshoe.com
(i)Source/Reference: Omnilink Systems. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1: Beaming Power to Medical Chips Within the Body : Stanford School of Engineering (2014/05/21)
- 2: Old Person Smell: When Older People Smell Different : Mirai Clinical (2016/03/14)
- 3: What Are Bariatric Aids, Products, Equipment : Disabled World (2012/07/10)
- 4: How Do Medical Alert Systems Work : Disabled World (2016/04/12)
- 5: SmartTrack Asthma Inhaler Technology : Nexus6 (2015/01/21)
- 6: Smartphones and Wearables May Revolutionize Medical Care for People with Brain Disorders : King's College London (2016/05/09)
- 7: Ribcap Protective Hats For Fall Risk Patients : Ribcap (2017/03/25)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.