Work from Home Solutions for Unemployed Boomers and Seniors
Author: Retired Brains LLC
Published: 2010-07-15 : (Rev. 2010-09-16)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Boomers and seniors interested in replacing traditional employment with work-from-home opportunities.
Main DigestRetiredBrains.com Offers Work-From-Home Solutions for Out-of-Work Boomers and Seniors.
Help is now available for boomers and seniors interested in replacing traditional employment with work-from-home opportunities.
RetiredBrains.com, the premier informational website for the 50-plus age demographic, has added practical information that can help seniors and boomers find success working from home and replace income from lost jobs.
"Many boomers and older job seekers have not found the kind of job they were seeking, and some have given up looking," said Art Koff, founder of RetiredBrains - a job and information source for boomers, retirees and people planning their retirement. "That's why we've dedicated a section of our website to work-from-home solutions that can be both profitable and fulfilling."
RetiredBrains.com makes it easy for visitors to explore opportunities based on their skills and interests. Visitors to the site can find practical, job-specific advice and relevant links where they can learn and explore opportunities directly and even read real-world advice from others who have found success.
"Some of the suggestions came from our readers themselves - people who found working from home to be a great way to create extra income or even take the place of a full-time job," Koff said. "These are valuable lessons others have already learned - ideas that can jump-start anyone's work-from-home career."
Suggestions like starting a small landscaping, painting or dog-walking business, all of which take virtually no investment capital. Grass cutting, snow removal and cleaning services also offer opportunities - one man found his niche cleaning out and organizing garages. Many are tutoring on-line and in person and several are using their 2nd language to translate online or work remotely in a multi-language call center.
In addition to the Work From Home section of the website, RetiredBrains.com also offers a Start Your Own Business section that lists a variety of businesses appropriate for retirees, boomers and seniors, along with important advice.
"It's great to be your own boss, but it's a risky endeavor that often requires long hours," Koff said.
Boomers, seniors and retirees considering entrepreneurship often find it hard to determine the "right" business for their interests, needs and the capital they have to invest.
"There are all kinds of ways to start a business, but some are more appropriate than others, especially if you are 50-plus," Koff said. "Some choose to buy an existing business, and some decide to start one from scratch, freelance or do direct selling with a company like Avon, Mary Kay, or The Pampered Chef. Many are now selling online via eBay, Craigslist, Amazon or Etsy. Each requires a different approach, and we provide instruction on how to do so."
Easy-to-use resources like RetiredBrains.com can be invaluable in this search.
"We offer a great deal of information that can make the selection process easier, while at the same time including a list of do's and don'ts to help people avoid the pitfalls and scams often associated with starting a new business," Koff said. "This is particularly important for those who have never worked in their own business."
Koff at 75 is a nationally recognized expert who often speaks on the issues and challenges that face retirees and people planning their retirement, founded RetiredBrains.com in 2003. He has appeared on NBC and been quoted in Business Week, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine and many other major publications.
Visit the site at www.RetiredBrains.com. Contact Art Koff for information at artkoff@RetiredBrains.com, (312) 787-6611.
Retired Brains LLC, 645 N. Michigan Ave. Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60611
- 1 - Income Despite Disability: Working From Home Ideas : Caylee Shea (2017/01/04)
- 2 - Finding Freelance Work Writing and Proofreading : Julia Derby (2010/08/23)
- 3 - Work at Home Internet Jobs - Scams to Watch Out For : Julia Derby (2010/08/24)
- 4 - Making Money with Your Home Computer : Julia Derby (2010/08/22)
- 5 - Starting a Business From Home : Julia Derby (2010/08/23)
- 6 - Tips on Starting a Successful Home Business : Julia Derby (2010/08/23)
- 7 - Work From Home Ideas - Pet Sitting - Dog Walking : Julia Derby (2010/08/23)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.