Special Needs Life Quality Coaching Classes
Author: International Association for Life Quality
Synopsis and Key Points:
The International Association for Life Quality offers specialization coursework designed to train professionals to work as Special Needs Life Quality Coaches.
Main DigestRegistration Opens for World's First Special Needs Life Quality Coaching Classes, Offered by International Association for Life Quality - Training, Education & Research Institute Initiative Empowers Individuals to Help Persons with Special Needs and Their Families Achieve Happy, Fulfilling Lives.
The International Association for Life Quality (IALQ), an initiative of the Training, Education & Research Institute (TERI), is proud to offer the world's first specialization coursework designed to train professionals to work as Special Needs Life Quality Coaches. Prospective coaches complete a rigorous, 16-week online experiential learning course that opens the doors to an entirely new career opportunity. Individuals are taught to become experts in supporting persons with autism and other developmental and learning disabilities and their families so clients can achieve their personal goals and dreams and lead fulfilling lives.
The Special Needs Life Quality Coaching curriculum was designed by Dr. Krysti DeZonia, TERI, Inc. director of education and research, IALQ co-founder and executive director, UCSD instructor, renowned speaker, researcher, author and consultant, and the parent of a son with profound and multiple disabilities. Backed by TERI's 30 years of experience supporting children and adults with developmental and learning disabilities and their families, the Special Needs Life Quality Coaching curriculum builds on the non-profit agency's efforts to help this population achieve happiness, hope and belonging through a new level of care and lifespan support never before available in the field.
"With the explosion in the number of children diagnosed with autism and other learning and developmental disabilities, the need for additional family support has increased significantly," said Dr. DeZonia. "Most families cannot negotiate the service system and achieve their personal goals without access to certified Special Needs Life Quality Coaches who can offer the support, motivation, resources and knowledge that are necessary for persons with special needs and their families. In the current economic climate, many professionals are seeking additional income or a change to a higher paying career. The Special Needs Life Quality Coaching classes offer the education and opportunities to explore a new career, while providing life-changing support."
Registration is now open for 2011 classes, beginning January 31, 2011. Registration closes on January 19, 2011. Families, professionals and other interested individuals are invited to call (760) 721-1706 or visit www.ialq.org/life-span-services/ to learn more about Special Needs Life Quality Coaching classes and view a free Webinar. Individuals interested in learning more about TERI's lifespan support services may visit www.teriinc.org.
About International Association for Life Quality: Established in 2009 to share what TERI has learned about lifespan quality over the past 30 years, the International Association for Life Quality (IALQ) is a model for lifelong support for those with special needs and their families. IALQ educates, establishes and advocates for programs and services that focus on quality of life for persons with developmental and learning disabilities and their families. IALQ offers Special Needs Life Quality Plans and a Special Needs Life Quality Coach curriculum, two more TERI initiatives designed to enhance the range of supports available to this population. For more information, call (760) 721-1706 or visit www.ialq.org/life-span-services/
- 1 - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Employment Description : Michael A. Morales (2009/02/19)
- 2 - Nursing Ranked Most Honest and Ethical Profession : American Nurses Association (2014/12/22)
- 3 - Speech Pathology Job Description : John Stephen (2010/09/30)
- 4 - Careers in Health Care - What They Offer for Students with Disabilities : Rebecca Broyce (2010/12/15)
- 5 - How to Become a Medical Transcriptionist Guide : Jason Trusler (2009/02/06)
- 6 - Best Jobs for Candidates With Disabilities : CareerCast (2014/11/04)
- 7 - Primary Care Physicians More Likely to Recommend Careers as Nurse Practitioners : Massachusetts General Hospital (2015/01/07)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.