ADA Employment Video
Author: U.S. Department of Justice
Published: 2009-10-31 : (Rev. 2011-01-27)
Video aimed at educating employers about the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Main DigestThe Justice Department announced today the release of a new video aimed at educating employers about the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Ten Employment Myths: Information about the Americans with Disabilities Act uses a question-and-answer format to express common misconceptions, fears and false assumptions that many employers have about employees with disabilities. The video refutes these unfounded myths, explains the ADA in common sense terms and highlights the advantages of hiring qualified persons with disabilities.
"With more students with disabilities attending colleges and universities than ever before, employers should update their thinking about this highly qualified labor pool. Ten Employment Myths will help employers understand how unfair it is when employees with disabilities are denied jobs because of employers' misconceptions and unfounded assumptions," said Thomas E. Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division.
October is Disability Employment Awareness Month.
This fully accessible seventeen-minute video can be used for ADA training as well as for presentation to local Chambers of Commerce, Rotary Clubs, merchants associations, and similar organizations. Single copies in DVD format can be ordered through the toll-free ADA Information Line at 800-514-0301 (voice) or 800-514-0383 (TTY). An online streaming version will be available soon on the ADA Web site at www.ada.gov
The new video is a companion to Ten Small Business Mistakes , which dispels common misunderstandings that many small businesses have about title III of the ADA. Both videos were produced for the Justice Department's ADA Technical Assistance Program, which educates the public about the ADA to increase voluntary compliance and is an integral component of the Department's overall ADA enforcement efforts.
The ADA guarantees individuals with disabilities equal access to employment, state and local government services, and services that businesses provide to the public. Those interested in finding out more can call the ADA Information Line or access the ADA Web site.
- 1 - COVID-19 Recession Hits Workers with Disability Harder : Kessler Foundation (2020/05/10)
- 2 - Military Veterans Should Consider Federal Employment : Barbara Adams (2009/02/06)
- 3 - 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans : Kessler Foundation (2019/07/09)
- 4 - Filing Employment Discrimination Complaint with U.S. EEOC : Disabled World (2019/02/14)
- 5 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State : RespectAbility (2019/02/16)
- 6 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast : Disability Employment Awareness Month (2010/10/05)
- 7 - Jeffco Subcontracting - A Special Place for Disabled to Earn a Paycheck in Arnold, Missouri : Jeff Dunlap for the City of Arnold, Missouri (2018/12/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.