Disability Jobs Fair
- Publish Date: 2009/09/24 - (Rev. 2010/01/16)
- Author: AbilityLinks.org
Outline: Job opportunity website for persons with disabilities and inclusive employers, will be hosting a week-long virtual job fair in October.
Main DigestOctober is National Disability Employment Awareness Month, and AbilityLinks is honoring NDEAM by hosting their virtual job fair October 12th through the 16th. This week-long online recruiting event will be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is free to both job seekers and employers.
AbilityLinks.org to Host Virtual Job Fair
AbilityLinks.org, the job opportunity website for persons with disabilities and inclusive employers, will be hosting a week-long virtual job fair in October.
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month, and AbilityLinks is honoring NDEAM by hosting their virtual job fair October 12th through the 16th. This week-long online recruiting event will be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is free to both job seekers and employers. Opportunities are available for employers to become Featured Employers or for non-exhibiting companies to sponsor the event. Further information is available online.
Exhibiting employers will receive a virtual booth, company profile page and unlimited job postings with links to their preferred online application page, as well as an opportunity to participate in a webinar to showcase their company and job openings. Job seekers will be able to post various styles of their resume, tailoring them to specific areas of interest, listen to employer webinars to learn more about available opportunities, and submit their resumes directly to employers. Because the career fair is online, it's convenient for both employers and job seekers to attend by eliminating any costs, hardships and additional time associated with traveling to in-person job fairs.
"I've always felt that it's not enough to just provide physical rehabilitation and education to persons with disabilities, but to ensure access to meaningful job opportunities as well," notes Kathleen Yosko, President & CEO, Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital and AbilityLinks Steering Committee Co-Chair. "That's why I am excited about this event. It's just another way that AbilityLinks is working to connect individuals with disabilities with businesses who have open positions to fill."
Job seekers and employers that are interested in exhibiting at or sponsoring the AbilityLinks job fair may register by calling 630/909-7440 for more information.
Reference: Every day, thousands of individuals join America's fastest growing labor pool - Persons with Disabilities. AbilityLinks, a free, nationwide program of Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, works each day to match qualified individuals to employers that embrace diversity. They have assisted over 200 of these individuals with finding employment since 2001. Embrace diversity. Employ persons with disabilities.
- 1 - Military Veterans Should Consider Federal Employment | Barbara Adams | 2009/02/06
- 2 - 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans | Kessler Foundation | 2019/07/09
- 3 - Filing Employment Discrimination Complaint with U.S. EEOC | Disabled World | 2019/02/14
- 4 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State | RespectAbility | 2019/02/16
- 5 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast | Disability Employment Awareness Month | 2010/10/05
- 6 - Jeffco Subcontracting - A Special Place for Disabled to Earn a Paycheck in Arnold, Missouri | Jeff Dunlap for the City of Arnold, Missouri | 2018/12/04
- 7 - Employment Opportunities for U.S. Veterans at Customs and Border Protection | U.S. Customs and Border Protection | 2017/06/10
- 8 - Jobs for People with Disabilities | Disabled World | 2009/08/03
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media