Online Employment of People with Disabilities Tool for Federal Agencies
Author: Office of Disability Employment Policy
US Department of Labor Web-based toolkit for federal agencies to increase employment of people with disabilities.
Main DigestUS Department of Labor makes available Web-based toolkit for federal agencies to increase employment of people with disabilities
The U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy today posted an online toolkit comprised of resources to assist federal agencies in recruiting, employing and retaining individuals with disabilities.
President Obama issued Executive Order 13548 to establish the federal government, the nation's largest employer, as a model for the employment of individuals with disabilities. The order directs agencies to improve their efforts through increased recruitment, hiring and retention.
ODEP, in collaboration with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, designed a five-step process that agencies can readily follow to ensure an inclusive workplace for employees with disabilities.
The steps are:
creating a welcoming environment
hiring and retention.
Topics include "do's and don'ts" for interviewing, accessibility and accommodations, how to find technical assistance and creating a pipeline of candidates.
"This online toolkit is designed to make it easy for federal employers to find and hire excellent workers who happen to have disabilities," said Kathy Martinez, assistant secretary of labor for the department's Office of Disability Employment Policy. "Federal agencies - and all employers - are strengthened when they include people with disabilities among their ranks."
The kit is available at www.dol.gov/odep/federal-hire
- 1 - COVID-19 Recession Hits Workers with Disability Harder : Kessler Foundation (2020/05/10)
- 2 - Military Veterans Should Consider Federal Employment : Barbara Adams (2009/02/06)
- 3 - 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans : Kessler Foundation (2019/07/09)
- 4 - Filing Employment Discrimination Complaint with U.S. EEOC : Disabled World (2019/02/14)
- 5 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State : RespectAbility (2019/02/16)
- 6 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast : Disability Employment Awareness Month (2010/10/05)
- 7 - Jeffco Subcontracting - A Special Place for Disabled to Earn a Paycheck in Arnold, Missouri : Jeff Dunlap for the City of Arnold, Missouri (2018/12/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.