Why Does the Disability Insurance Company Request My Tax Returns
Author: Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer : Contact: diattorney
Published: 2010-09-16 : (Rev. 2016-03-20)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Insurance companies are going to ask for your tax returns for a handful of reasons.
The insurance companies are going to ask for your tax returns for a handful of reasons.
First and foremost, it's just to make sure you're not working if you're telling them that you are not working.
Secondly, they may ask for them and if you have a residual disability claim, that's going to be a basis to determine what your previous ability income was and when it comes to determining what your benefit amount is going to be under that residual disability definition.
Also, they may look on your tax returns and see that you have involvement in other corporations, so they may want to investigate that to really determine what your pre-disability occupation was.
Some policy provisions will have it that they will consider every job you're doing.
So the tax returns are a way for the insurance companies to fully investigate so they have an idea in their mind of what your job duties were, or in the event of an ERISA group claim, it may be something that you may be able to do for any occupation definition.
So there are various different reasons for it, but it's not uncommon that they ask you for your tax returns.
Information supplied courtesy of the experts at diattorney.com who specialize in disability insurance claims.
- 1 - Why Does the Disability Insurance Company Request My Tax Returns : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/16)
- 2 - How Long Will I Receive Disability Benefits Once My Disability Claim is Approved : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/16)
- 3 - Why Should I Hire a Disability Attorney to Submit My ERISA Appeal : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/16)
- 4 - What is a Residual Disability Income Claim : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/16)
- 5 - How Do I Determine My Date of Disability for a Long Term Disability Insurance Claim : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/17)
- 6 - Most Common Reasons for a Disability Insurance Claim Denial : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/17)
- 7 - How Often is a Disability Claimant Expected to Treat with a Doctor : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/17)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.