Income Protection for Medical Residents and Fellows
Published : 2015-02-21
Author : Secura Consultants - Contact: 1 (855) 224-5400
Synopsis* : Secura Consultants offers income protection plans with contract features residents and fellows must consider.
Friday, March 20th, each of the 155 medical schools in the United States participates in Match Day.
Thousands of medical students learn where they are contracted for their residency or fellowship program.
Residents and fellows understand their financial planning needs will continue to grow as their careers progress.
Advisers need to understand that income protection is one of the key components of a strong financial plan. Secura Consultants offers assistance to select advisers by designing unique income protection strategies for medical residents and fellows.
By partnering with leading insurance carriers, Secura Consultants now offers income protection plans with the contract features residents and fellows must consider.
These plans are highlighted by a specialty definition of disability to protect a physician's unique skills, the guaranteed right to purchase additional insurance without having to prove medical insurability, long term residual benefits, cost of living increases which mitigates the erosion of buying power due to inflation, and more!
In addition, Secura Consultants is expert in the design of combination plans utilizing multiple carriers to enhance these benefits and providing a pool of benefits which can protect a physician throughout their entire career.
A young physician's greatest challenge is also one of the most important factors when it comes to implementing an income protection plan, time. Many of these programs provide a streamlined underwriting process with no medical testing and no limitations or extra premium costs due to current or prior medical history.
It is not difficult for young residents and fellows to contemplate being faced with an injury or illness severe enough that it changes the course of the career they are working so hard to establish.
Virtually every physician will purchase income protection insurance and it is essential that an adviser serving this marketplace partners with expert consultants to design and implement these plans.
For more information regarding income protection planning for physicians, visit securaconsultants.com/tag/physician-disability-insurance/ and contact Matthew Riordan, Senior Brokerage Consultant, at (952) 641-5202, or email matthew(at)securaconsultants(dot)com
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Insurance Documents
- 1: Why Don't More Americans Insure Their Income? : New report identifies factors preventing many full-time working adults from insuring their income in case of disability.
- 2: Employee Absence and Disability Productivity Management : The Workplace Possibilities program is a unique, proactive approach to helping employers prevent and manage employee absence and disability.
- 3: Disability Income Insurance Tips : Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones provides tips about disability income insurance and encourages consumers to examine and understand their options.
- 4: Choosing Between Disability Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance : Disability insurance or income-replacement insurance provides a monthly benefit if you ever should become disabled.
- 5: Critical Illness Insurance Information : Critical illness insurance pays an amount when diagnosed with heart attacks, cancer, strokes, coronary artery bypass surgery, major organ failure, transplants or other specified major medical conditions.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Secura Consultants. Electronic Publication Date: 2015-02-21. Title: Income Protection for Medical Residents and Fellows, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/insurance/fellows.php>Income Protection for Medical Residents and Fellows</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-17, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/insurance/fellows.php - Reference: DW#47-11276.