U.S. Social Security Launches New Open Government Webpage
- Publish Date: 2010/02/11 - (Rev. 2016/06/13)
- Author: Social Security
Outline: Open Government webpage gives Americans opportunity to give their ideas on how Social Security can become an open and transparent agency.
Open Government webpage gives Americans an opportunity to give us their ideas on how we can become a more open and transparent agency...
Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of Social Security, announced that the agency has a new Open Government webpage available to the public at www.socialsecurity.gov/open/
The new webpage serves as the portal for all agency activities that support the President's Transparency and Open Government initiative.
"Our new Open Government webpage gives Americans an opportunity to give us their ideas on how we can become a more open and transparent agency," Commissioner Astrue said.
"They will be able to post their ideas on transparency, participation, collaboration, and innovation that should be included in our Open Government Plan. I encourage everyone to visit our webpage and submit their ideas, read and discuss what has been posted, and vote on the ideas that have been submitted."
To submit ideas, click on the link at the top right of the webpage that says, "Share your ideas on our open government plan." After agreeing to the terms of participation, the link will take you to a webpage that asks for ideas on how Social Security can:
- Work better with others inside and outside the government;
- Solicit feedback from the public;
- Improve the availability and quality of information;
- Be more innovative and efficient;
- Create an Open Government Plan.
Social Security's new Open Government webpage also provides easy access to important agency information such as the Agency Strategic Plan, Freedom of Information Act Report, as well as program laws and regulations.
The webpage includes links to the datasets that were published last month on www.Data.gov
The agency will publish its Open Government Plan in April.
- 1 - U.S. Department of Social Security Open Hours | U.S. Social Security Administration | 2019/12/02
- 2 - Disability Benefits May Run Dry by 2016 | SSA Press Office | 2012/04/25
- 3 - 1.6% COLA Estimate for 2020 | The Senior Citizens League | 2019/09/12
- 4 - New Conditions Added to U.S. Social Security Disability Benefits Compassionate Allowances List | The United States Social Security Administration | 2017/09/08
- 5 - U.S. Social Security Expands Compassionate Allowance List | The United States Social Security Administration | 2018/08/20