Interactive Map for Oregon Anglers with Disabilities
Author: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife : Contact: dfw.state.or.us
Published: 2015-01-30 : (Rev. 2017-12-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife map highlights sites in Oregon that may be suitable for anglers with physical disabilities.
The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife today unveiled a Google-based map that highlights 133 sites across Oregon that may be suitable for anglers with physical disabilities.
This is the latest in a suite of interactive maps designed to help anglers find places to fish.
When users click on the map's icons they launch information boxes that include accessibility information about the sites such as fishing platforms, piers, docks, paths, restrooms and parking.
Anglers can also use the maps to generate directions from their location to any of the sites.
"There are many places around Oregon that offer excellent fishing opportunities for people with disabilities," said Rick Hargrave, Administrator for ODFW's Information and Education Division.
"We hope this map makes it easier for everyone - from the oldest adult to the youngest child and everyone in between, to get out and fish."
Many of the popular fishing locations across the state are already accessible to anglers with disabilities; the new map is a guide to these areas.
Hargrave noted that accessibility varies, and some sites may not be suitable for all levels of disability.
"Many of the sites were designed to provide people with choices about the type of recreational experience and level of personal challenge they prefer," he said, noting that all sites should be approached carefully and with assistance, if needed.
The new map can be accessed by visiting the ODFW website at www.odfw.com and clicking on Maps page, or on Where and How page.
- 1 - Piloting RC Plane with Toes in Time to Music Played Using Hands Video Clips : Disabled World (2020/04/03)
- 2 - How to Make a Great Terrarium : Disabled World (2010/10/04)
- 3 - Health Benefits of Gardening for Senior Women : American Society for Horticultural Science (2016/10/13)
- 4 - Inkspirations Series Coloring Books For Adults : Inkspirations (2016/11/02)
- 5 - Learning to Fly a Paramotor in a Wheelchair : Paramotor Training (2020/05/13)
- 6 - Happy Potted Plants Delivered by People with Disability Bring Joy to Locals : The Australian Foundation for Disability (Afford) (2020/04/09)
- 7 - Flight Tracking: Listen to Air Traffic Control Radio : Disabled World (2009/01/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.