Biofeedback for Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Author: Dr. Jan Banis
Published: 2009-01-25 : (Rev. 2010-07-21)
Biofeedback aims to lower the stress and levels of anxiety in panic attack sufferers using natural treatments.
Main DigestPeople have used a variety of methods for years to learn to solve their panic attacks. One example of these methods is biofeedback.
This is about the use of your mind to control your physical body and its functions. It has been used for centuries in the eastern community, and is gaining in popularity across the world. One of the uses is biofeedback for anxiety.
Of all the natural treatments one can try for any problem, biofeedback is the one which is least understood. This practice aims for the patient to go into a very relaxed state, and lower the stress and levels of anxiety. With decreased levels of stress and anxiety, panic attack sufferers might find themselves suffering from fewer attacks over time.
As part of biofeedback sessions, someone is wired to devices which monitor their brain, blood pressure and heart rate. To use biofeedback properly, a person has to be properly trained in the technique. the majority of anxiety sufferers will go to training classes a minimum of once a week to discover the details of the correct techniques so they can do this on their own.
The biofeedback machines are only used to monitor and to report back to the user that they are indeed using it properly. Once someone has mastered the biofeedback techniques, the monitors and other machines are no longer required to tell them they are doing it correctly. Whenever they are now stressed or anxious, they will be free to practice the techniques on their own.
Panic attack sufferers often use all tools they have at their disposal to lower the frequency of the attacks. Using natural tools like biofeedback, the person can stop worrying about a treatment interfering with for example medication, which may have been prescribed by a physician. This is always an essential detail to be aware of.
Biofeedback for anxiety does not necessarily replace what your doctor recommended. Natural treatments are meant as an enhancement to regular medical treatment. Using biofeedback can get you closer to live the life you are dreaming of, with less tension and hopefully a reduced frequency of panic attacks.
Reference: Biofeedback is not the only natural method available. Would you like to learn another very effective and totally natural method of managing your panic attacks(Dr. Jan Banis has a doctorate in clinical psychology and has worked with people suffering from anxiety for years.) - www.overcomingpanicattackshelp.com
- 1 - NIH Funds Health and Quality of Life Robot Development : NIH/National Institute of Biomedical Imaging & Bioengineering (2015/12/04)
- 2 - Biofeedback the Path to Healing : Michelle Toole (2009/01/25)
- 3 - Biofeedback Can Help You : Julie Myers (2009/01/25)
- 4 - Biofeedback for Anxiety and Panic Attacks : Dr. Jan Banis (2009/01/25)
- 5 - EEG Biofeedback Therapy : Mike Selvon (2009/01/25)
- 6 - What is Biofeedback : Robert Taylor (2009/01/25)
- 7 - Biofeedback Flexyx Neurotherapy System for Fibromyalgia Chronic Pain : Erica Thompson (2009/01/25)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.