Accessible Travel Vacations Guide
- Publish Date: 2010/04/29
- Author: Disabled Travelers - Accessible Travel Vacations
Outline: Travelers with a disability review towns and cities on travel accessibility and attitude towards travelers with special requirements on vacation.
Main DigestDisabled travelers get a new chance to speak out - A unique new website allows disabled travelers to rate and review worldwide destinations, towns and cities on accessibility, consideration, and attitude towards travelers with special requirements.
Disabled travelers will now be able to discover (among other things) how deep the kerbs are, the condition of the road surfaces and the general attitude of people in specific locations, BEFORE they decide to travel.
Users of the site can offer their own reviews of any destination worldwide to fellow disabled travelers, and reflect the reality of traveling with a disability regardless of what claims are made or legislation is supposedly introduced.
Users can also review their own home town or city and will be able to view policies of major airline companies and discover what, if any, assistance is available to them.
The thing that people fear the most is the unknown says Disabled travel guides founder Sean Gorman.
By allowing disabled travelers to share their own expert knowledge and experiences regarding destinations around the world, they can anticipate difficulties, and retain their independence to enjoy their travels.
Disabledtravelguide.co.uk was launched earlier this week by Sean Gorman (36), who was diagnosed with multiple Sclerosis in 1999, after discussing the different levels of accessibility around the world with his wife Sarah (36), while on a recent vacation to California.
The site initially hopes to collect reviews from disabled travelers, and companion travelers, before making the information available to users later this year.
The site is entirely non profit making, does not support any advertising and is not sponsored by any commercial interest. The site is free to use, and was launched on Monday 10th August 2009 - disabledtravelguide.co.uk
- 1 - Accomable Launches U.S. Headquarters in Austin, Texas | Accomable (2016/04/01)
- 2 - Virtual Tours Removes Travel Limitations - Beyond Our Boundaries | Beyond Our Boundaries (2018/03/30)
- 3 - Amtrak Everyday Rail Travel Discounts | Disabled World (2018/09/06)
- 4 - Traveling with Oxygen Travel Tips | Philip Robinson (2009/08/29)
- 5 - Summer Vacation With Seniors or Disabled Means Additional Planning for Caregivers | The CareGiver Partnership (2010/05/26)