Closed Captioning Now Available for Live Television On Continental Airlines
Published: 2011-11-30 : (Rev. 2012-07-26)
Closed captioning is now available for live television content onboard Continental Airlines aircraft for passengers with hearing disabilities.
Main DigestContinental will be the first airline in the world to provide this feature to its passengers.
Closed Captioning - The process of displaying text on a television, video screen or other visual display to provide additional or interpretive information to individuals who wish to access it. Closed captions typically show a transcription of the audio portion of a program as it occurs (either verbatim or in edited form), sometimes including non-speech elements.
LiveTV is proud to announce that, for the first time in the history of inflight entertainment, closed captioning is now available for live television content onboard an aircraft.
This system enhancement is a major step forward in delivering the excitement of inflight entertainment to those passengers with hearing disabilities and continues to drive towards LiveTV's goal of a fully realized "At Home in the Air" experience for each of its end-users.
The Closed Captioning enhancement will initially be offered to passengers on all LTV3-equipped Boeing 737NG aircraft operated by Continental Airlines, a subsidiary of United Continental Holdings, thereby putting each customer in control of the feature while interacting with the 100+ channels of DIRECTV-provided satellite television available onboard.
Continental will be the first airline in the world to provide this feature to its passengers.
LiveTV is the world's leading provider of live in-flight entertainment and connectivity systems for commercial airlines.
Founded in 1998 in Melbourne, Florida, LiveTV has installation and maintenance locations around the world to support the more than 700 aircraft equipped with its products.
Current customers include JetBlue, Continental, Frontier, AirTran, Alitalia, Virgin Blue, WestJet and Azul.
For a full listing of products and partners, or for more information, please visit www.livetv.net
LiveTV is a wholly-owned subsidiary of JetBlue Airways.
- 1 - Airline Seat Design Allows Disabled Passengers to Fly in Own Wheelchair : Molon Labe, LLC (2020/03/19)
- 2 - CAA Guidelines for Making Air Travel More Accessible for Passengers with Hidden Disabilities : U.K. Civil Aviation Authority (2016/12/12)
- 3 - Airline Travel Information for Travelers with Disabilities : Jessica Padykula (2015/02/12)
- 4 - Improving Air Travel Accessibility and Inclusion : International Air Transport Association (IATA) (2019/11/14)
- 5 - Airlines to Improve Travel for Passengers with Disabilities : IATA (International Air Transport Association) (2019/06/10)
- 6 - Delta Introduces Enhanced Requirements for Customers Traveling with Service or Support Animals : Delta Air Lines (2018/01/20)
- 7 - United Airlines Obtains EZ Access® Certification For New Self-Service Kiosks to Better Ensure Accessibility for All Customers : Assistra Technologies LLC (2017/10/17)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.