Fat App - It's What You Don't Eat That Counts
Author: Frank Topper
Published: 2011-12-21 : (Rev. 2012-02-09)
Synopsis and Key Points:
The FatApp application for Apple devices provides positive reinforcement and a count of calories you do not eat.
Main DigestFatApp for iPhone Now Available on iTunes Reinforces Holiday Maintain Don't Gain Diet Approaches.
Mobile Applications - Also called mobile apps, are software applications, usually designed to run on smartphones and tablet computers. They are available through application distribution platforms which are typically operated by the owner of the mobile operating system, such as the Apple App Store, Android Market, and BlackBerry App World. Some apps are free, and others have a price. Usually they are downloaded from the platform to a target device such as an iPhone, BlackBerry, or Android phone, but sometimes they can be downloaded to less mobile computers such as a laptops or desktops.
As featured in the humorous YouTube video "You Didn't Eat It" the FatApp provides positive reinforcement for calories unconsumed. It's what you don't eat that counts.
Part of the cycle of overeating is impulsive and quickly regretted consumption.
Sometime it takes the slightest redirection to help a person avoid that extra cookie, donut, or serving.
FatApp provides that redirection by enabling the eater to give themselves credit for what they did not eat.
Select or enter the food not eaten. Calories unconsumed are added to totals and converted into pounds not gained.
It is immediate positive reinforcement for making healthy choices with none of the negative connotations associated with typical calorie counting.
It is a useful intrinsic motivating tool for health educators, weight management organizations, nutritionists, and the people they serve..
"FatApp is a gem in the weight management realm. Built entirely as positive reinforcement, the control is in your hands. I recommend it to my patients." Dr. Maria Gherman, MD MPH Board Certified, American Board of Preventive Medicine, Primary Care and Weight Management
FatApp, normally $ .99, is free for the holiday season December 20, 2011 through January 1, 2012. It is the New Year's Resolution anyone can keep.
Purchase it anytime for the price of a donut at itunes.apple.com/us/app/fatapp/id477068404
Fat App Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/09/22)
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Georgia Institute of Technology (2014/10/11)
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt (2020/12/05)
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Spectrum Idea Lab (2015/11/13)
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Office of Naval Research (2015/12/30)
- 6: Android Apps for Teaching Autistic and Learning Disabled Kids : Blooming Kids Software, LLC (2014/12/28)
- 7: Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.