TabAccess Device Helps Make Computer Tablets More Accessible
Contact : www.zyrobotics.com
Published: 2014-06-18 - (Updated: 2015-10-05)
TabAccess provides easier access to Android and iOS tablet devices for people who have hand and arm mobility challenges.
Zyrobotics, a technology start up company, announces the introduction of TabAccess, the first device of its kind delivering easier access to both Android and iOS tablet devices for children and adults who have challenges moving their hands and arms.
Zyrobotics LLC was founded in 2013 as a Venturelab startup company. Venturelab is the University business incubator affiliated with the Georgia Institute of Technology. Zyrobotics, LLC provides technology-based enabling solutions for persons with mild to severe motor limitations. Their mission is to enable freedom through technology by developing products that are adaptive to each individual's capabilities. For children, their products uniquely focus on accessible play. Zyrobotics' first product offerings include switch-to-tablet interactive toys, interactive robots, and a suite of gaming apps that are specially designed to enable accessible play. To learn more, visit www.zyrobotics.com
More than 3 million people in the U.S. have limitations in their hands and forearms making it difficult for them to use tablet computers.
The breakthrough TabAccess technology now gives this fast growing population the ability to interact with tablet apps in a way they haven't been able to do before.
"Unfortunately, most applications for smartphones and tablets are not designed with accessibility in mind, especially for people with motor disabilities," explains Dr. Ayanna Howard, founder and Chief Technology Officer of Zyrobotics. "Our strategic launch of TabAccess is both a technology game changer and life changer for so many."
Picture of the TabAccess device
TabAccess enables easy use of tablets with accessible switches, sip/puff devices, grasp switches, and 4-input joysticks. With TabAccess apps become more accessible for adults and children with mobility disabilities.
TabAccess - Switch Interface to Tablet Devices:
- Apps included
- Wireless tablet control
- Out-of-the box operation
- Android and iOS compatible
- Small size, light and compact
- Works with switch accessible Apps
- Compatible with iOS 7 Switch Control Events
- Easy mounting for powered wheelchairs, adjustable beds, etc.
- Provides access through multiple accessible devices such as sip/puff, button switches, grasp switches
Justin, a 11 year old with cerebral palsy sums it up this way, "TabAccess makes it so much easier to play computer games with my friends and do things online. This is awesome!"
As part of the TabAccess launch, Zyrobotics has just released ZyroSky, one of the first switch-accessible gaming Apps for Android and also available on the Apple Store.
For more information, visit www.zyrobotics.com
- 1 - Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control : Comcast (2019/06/19)
- 2 - List of Computer Screen Readers for Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2014/08/06)
- 3 - Brain Waves Write Directly to Computer : Mayo Clinic (2009/12/07)
- 4 - Connecting iPad iPhone or iPod to TV or Projector : Disabled World (2012/02/02)
- 5 - Essential Accessibility: Tools for Website Accessibility : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/06/17)
- 6 - List of Hotkeys Keyboard Shortcuts for Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)
- 7 - Using Sticky Keys for Accessibility On PC and Mac Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)