Award to Recognize Engineering Excellence by Aerospace Professionals with Disability
Author: SAE International
Published: Monday, 21st February 2011 (9 years ago) - Updated: Monday, 21st February 2011 (9 years ago) .
SAE International through a donation by The Boeing Company has established a new award to recognize aerospace employees with disabilities.
Main DigestSAE International Establishes New Award to Recognize Engineering Excellence by Aerospace Professionals With Disabilities...
SAE International, through a donation by The Boeing Company, has established a new award to recognize aerospace employees with disabilities who, through their technical achievements, innovation, leadership and inspiration, have contributed to the aerospace industry.
The SAE International Steven M. Atkins Ability and Achievement in Science, Engineering and Technology (AASET) Award was established in 2010 and honors Atkins, who serves as Vice President, Product Integrity and Functional Excellence, with Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
"We very much appreciate the work that Boeing has done to put forth this important award," Matthew Miller, director of the SAE Foundation, said. "SAE International and the SAE Foundation are honored to help recognize individuals who have overcome challenges to excel in their professional careers."
The award is funded through an endowment of $25,000 by the Boeing Company and will be awarded annually in perpetuity. Nominees will be judged on the accomplishments that have impacted the aerospace industry, including the leadership role he or she played in such contributions. Also, nominations will include how the nominee worked through their disability to achieve the described accomplishments, including the information that highlights the technical achievements and reflects the conviction to succeed.
"Boeing is honored to offer this award with SAE International. I believe in the importance of honoring engineers whose personal challenges have not impeded their success," Steve Atkins, Boeing Commercial Airplanes Vice President of Product Integrity and Functional Excellence, said.
The SAE International Steven M. Atkins Ability and Achievement in Science, Engineering and Technology (AASET) Award will be presented for the first time during the SAE International 2011 AeroTech Congress & Exhibition, which will be held Oct. 18-21, in Toulouse, France.
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- 1 - Accessible Treehouse Builder Wins Award | Paralyzed Veterans of America (2011-09-26 16:57:05)
- 2 - 2017 Cavinkare Ability Awards - Honouring Extraordinary Achievers with Disabilities | CavinKarePvt. Ltd and Ability Foundation (2017-02-20 09:54:31)
- 3 - Lighthouse for the Blind-St. Louis Earns 2016 Employment Growth Award from National Industries for the Blind | Lighthouse for the Blind-St. Louis (2017-02-02 09:22:32)
- 4 - Dentist Honored for Bringing Smiles to Those With Intellectual Disability | Special Olympics North Carolina (2016-11-22 08:17:09)
- 5 - Australian Nursing Awards - Nominate Nurses for National Honors | HESTA Australian Nursing Awards (2016-03-06 05:22:44)
- 6 - Accessibility Awards - FCC Seeking Nominations | Federal Communications Commission (FCC) (2016-01-14 09:17:56)
- 7 - Starkloff Disability Institute Announces Open Door Award Honorees | The Starkloff Disability Institute (2015-10-26 10:18:11)